Classic Countdown: A success?

DCIs goal for next time should be: expand. try and get at least one theater in every state...

also... maybe this has been answered before... but why thursday? when a huge part of the potential audience is in school... that makes it very hard if the nearest theater is hours away.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I almost agree with MagicFlea.

While I do appreciate the opportunity to get to see some drum corps history, IMO, 70's/early 80's drum corps isn't the most exciting thing to watch on a screen.

Even watching current shows on TV grows a little tiresome after only a few shows.

Something strange when they mentioned all the corps in the states...

They mentioned the Pacific region and listed the three Srs...same for ghe midwest...

The east??? Only listed CorpsVets...totally ignoring all the northeasters corps that h ave been at the center of Sr corps for decades...oopsie!

Something strange when they mentioned all the corps in the states...

They mentioned the Pacific region and listed the three Srs...same for ghe midwest...

The east??? Only listed CorpsVets...totally ignoring all the northeasters corps that h ave been at the center of Sr corps for decades...oopsie!

What you missed was that they were announcing the corps that you'll be seeing at DCI shows throughout the season...not the show the day after DCI World finals. All the senior corps mentioned are playing in exhibition at various DCI shows throughout the season.

Mike

Thursday is the best night DCI can get. One day away from the weekend. Theatres make a ton of money on the weekends, so they are less likely to carry an event like this which would be depriving them of a lot more than they would make on a DCI show.

I liked it and would go see something like this every year. They should do it again, eliminating this year's winners from the competition. A blast from the past before each season might also slow down the encroachment of silly rule changes as people are consistently reminded what drum corps is all about.

DCIs goal for next time should be: expand. try and get at least one theater in every state...

also... maybe this has been answered before... but why thursday? when a huge part of the potential audience is in school... that makes it very hard if the nearest theater is hours away.

I would bet it was on thursday because the theatres would not want to give up prime weekend evening movie time to something with only a niche audience.

I think I almost agree with MagicFlea.

While I do appreciate the opportunity to get to see some drum corps history, IMO, 70's/early 80's drum corps isn't the most exciting thing to watch on a screen.

Even watching current shows on TV grows a little tiresome after only a few shows.

Spirit and 27, Madison 75 and Blue Devils 76 Classics on the field and off.