Biggest messups in DCI history?

the tenor player for BD last year who fell as they were doing the surprise march off the field, caught himself, got out of the way, got up, and fell into line after the rest of the tenors....it was pretty sweet to see. props to you man, you fixed it so quick most people didnt see it

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the 1988 Blue Devils soloist at the end of the show during semis tried and rip that high note but missed.  and instead of stopping he kept trying and trying.  :music:

Nope. The last note was missed once all season and that was in the last show before finals week. Cincinnati I think.

Not a disaster so much as a miraculous recovery but I remember watching SCV in 1986 I think (Russian Christmas music... '86?) A horn player was trucking accross the field and his sash fell down around is ankles. If he had fallen it would have been a train wreck. He did little skip hop jump steps for 10 or 15 yards before he managed to jump out of the sash.

I remember going on after Suncoast in 1988. As we went onto the field they were coming off carrying a bloody guard member who had caught a rifle toss... with her head.

1986 Garfield Cadets in Allentown. The guard tangled the big fabric frames that they were supposed to hold over the hornline.

Tim Root

BD 86, 87, 88

It's his cool?

hey my school know not of grammer

Not a disaster so much as a miraculous recovery but I remember watching SCV in 1986 I think (Russian Christmas music... '86?)  A horn player was trucking accross the field and his sash fell down around is ankles.  If he had fallen it would have been a train wreck.  He did little skip hop jump steps for 10 or 15 yards before he managed to jump out of the sash. 

blasphemy! russian christmas in 86? it was 87 my friend. how u did not kno this, i cannot comprehend.

My wife caught though...

See also 86 Devs on the vid...flag drops and then kicks it trying to pick it up.

Mike

I remembered that from the '86 show.

Also, in BD '99, the sop solo near the end, did he not attempt to try and screech out the last note and thus played the same note? If not, it sounds like it and sounds funny. I also remember a few flubbed notes on the vibes, I believe.