Famous, or infamous, corps stories, myths, legends

Once at the US Open in the middle of a tour, the girls washed out their delicates & draped them over the open window sill to dry. We woke up to the Kilties Contra line doing a warm up. with our panties draped over their bells! :P

Rumors I've heard:

In 89, (or one of the year's SCV played Phantom of the Opera), the drum major took too long to leave the stadium after an east coast show....because the stadium management actually looked the place up and he was trapped inside.

Then men of Madison dont like to use the bus restrooms...so they kept milk jugs handy.

In order to make the cut to be in the 1993 Star of Indiana hornline, you had to memorize the 1991 brass book between the Thanksgiving and December camp.

Glassmen hall is haunted because a girl committed suicide back in the early 1900s...after not making the cheerleading squad for their school (oh the horror).

The Cavaliers have frequent naked pillowfights (this is NOT true! sorry to bust your bubbles ladies...and some gentlemen).

The Blue Devils have a height requirement for their hornline.

In 1997, Michael Cesario wanted to put the Phantom Regiment pit into gold Cat suit uniforms similar to the spandex uniform Kristi Spears was wearing....

Doing pushups makes it easier to hold up your baritone/euphonium.

Edited by shostahoosier

Rumors I've heard:

Glassmen hall is haunted because a girl committed suicide back in the early 1900s...after not making the cheerleading squad for their school (oh the horror).

I've heard tons of stories about that. I honestly never saw or heard anything while I stayed at G-West for camps and stuff but I guess it would be hard to have any experiences when there is about 150 people in the building.

Someone else could probably go more in depth on this one but I heard a story recently that the Glassmen hornline had pizza delivered to retreat one night in the 80's sometime. Apparently the guy actually delivered the pizza on the field.

I heard The Kilties used to make their rookies march comando under their Kilts. And, sometimes the rookies would pass out during shows and the rest is HIStory. :P

:beer: