You've gotta see this pic.......

I seriously doubt DCI will ever allow woodwind instrumentation in their D1-D3 divisions.

Replace "woodwind instrumentation" with "amplification" and you'll be repeating the same exact words that were said by me and quite a few others just a couple of years ago.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all has to do with "credibility" my friend.

For example, if I (who am a computer network administrator) diagnosed you with cancer, would you act on my diagnosis, or would you want a second opinion from an M.D.?

Or how about if I pulled you over and gave you a traffic ticket.  Would that ticket be valid?

Experience and credibility go a long way in supporting an opinion.  That's all I'm saying. :)

Sorry, but I hate this kind of attitude on this board. Just because someone never marched corps does not invalidate their opinion. I never marched corps, and I am AGAINST woodwinds being put on the field. Don't tell me my opinion isn't valid, because it's MY opinion...

People said that with multi-key and now with amps...it has not happened.

Mike

To each his own...

In response to what you said, I give you my word. IF WOODWINDS ARE VOTED INTO MARCHING COMPETITION, I WILL STOP ATTENDING DCI SHOWS FOREVER. (unless they repeal the vote, of course...) So, maybe you should start hoping for that vote to pass... :P

Edited by Cardman

Their is only ONE and just ONE good thing I COULD see that might come out of this; Increased membership in corps, a message to the high school kids that woodwind players can learn brass and march in a drum corps too. Music majors, come learn to play brass. If it is treated this way then I'm ok with it.

Now if they ever step a foot on a field, I'm gone faster then a Twinkie in Rosie ODonnell's desk drawer.

“We can only grow from here,” Fielder said. “We want to involve the performers whose principle instrument is woodwinds. This gives them a chance to shine in front of their peers. I know this particular event will quadruple in size next year.”

Umm...how can it quadruple in size when you have more and more corps not allowing thier members to perform at I&E? Plus how does Mr. Fielder know it will quadruple? Where's his data that will support this?

AHHH, from the same place where Hoppy said "Saxes are cool!". Gotcha. <_<

After all, it is just I&E. I seriously doubt DCI will ever allow woodwind instrumentation in their D1-D3 divisions. Unless Hopkins is from another planet and has mind control over the DCI B.O.D............. now that I think about it. That could be a possibility.  :P  ^_^

I wish I could agree with you, but this is nothing but a back door attempt to bring woodwinds into drum corps.

I probably would have made a comment sooner,however I was a little tied up at the hospital after TRYING TO GOUGE MY EYES OUT WITH A SPOON AFTER SEEING THAT PHOTO!! :sshh: