Biggest messups in DCA history?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush and the infamous triple stack basses in 93.

dunno why, but no basses, so they had to sing their drum solo

That was Allentown in '93. Timing issues, if i remember correctly. Eddie Marino sings a bada## bass drum feature.

Also, we won the show.

Also Also, we won drums.

They didn't miss a thing for the rest of the season, though. Those guys could split an atom.

I recently watched 03' Finals (getting pumped up for next weekend)........

2003 DCA Finals - final move of the Crusaders show

Yup.........it was tragic to watch......after a great show, the trumpet in question forgot to do the new move and thankfully Timmy "Sonnyboy" Allen had the smarts and physical agility at the ripe age of 14 to not tumble as the tempo was up and he prevented a train wreck effect for the rest of the line behind him......way to go, Sonny boy! :huh:

As bad as it was it could have been worse! :huh:

I recently watched 03' Finals (getting pumped up for next weekend)........

2003 DCA Finals - final move of the Crusaders show

I did that!!!! I admit.

The year of the "will fix it later!" They fixed it at the last rehearsal before finals..I just did horns up and stopped like we used to do. I'll take the blame because it was my fault. Things were a bit screwd up that year anyways. I also was working with Heat Wave and missed the last run through. Oops.

I made two mistakes in 35 years of corps and that was one. The other was in 1973 or 74 when our corps closed with Bread's "If" and the notes in my head head just disappeared until the last whole note. This happened at Sheffield, PA BEFORE they had the contest at the High School. Originally the contest was right next to the carnival and people stood on the hill and sidewalk to watch. The judges were on a Fire truck.

Oooh, I've got one.  How about when Bush trooped the stands in 2005 finals.  Now that was a doozie.  I heard it cost them a placement.

lol...I was waiting for someone to add this to the thread, where it rightfully belongs. Good form, Dave.

Understand there is a video (OK film back then) of Westshoremen at 1979 DCA Prelims at Hershey. One of the horns lost their plume after the first number and might be easy to spot.

Guess Who :(

Next year the corps finally got rid of the shakos and went to Aussies.....

Understand there is a video (OK film back then) of Westshoremen at 1979 DCA Prelims at Hershey. One of the horns lost their plume after the first number and might be easy to spot.

Guess Who  :(

Next year the corps finally got rid of the shakos and went to Aussies.....

b**bs The things that happen.....My first show in horn line with Westshoremen Bonnie-Scots in Baltimore we were to march out 16 turn in 8 and play our fanfare and I got so excited(15 years old I think) I forgot the counts and started the fanfare 4 counts early....boy did I take some heat.... :P :worthy: :P ...(I think it was 1969)