dci.org plugs "all age" corps in column!

In a column on dci.org called "the Ageout Rule" by Emily Tannert, there was a nice plug, in bold face type, for senior (all age) corps near the end of the piece.

Of course, if you’re still itching to march after an ageout season, senior corps are a great way to stay on the field too! We’ll discuss senior corps in an upcoming article. If you’re interested now, check out dcacorps.org for more details.

I feel this is a positive gesture on the part of DCI and look forward to the future column about senior corps as referenced in the quote.

Class move DCI! :huh:

The Ageout Rule at dci.org

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been several references to senior corps in prior Fanfare columns. I've never had a problem getting them published. Contrary to what some may wish to believe, DCI does not turn its back on the existence of part of the activity. My goal and I believe that of DCI is to get more people into drum corps, period...a goal apparently shared by Emily. The more that find any part of drum corps will translate to more that find all parts of drum corps.

Mike

Edited by Michael Boo

I think it's great when DCI invites alumni corps to perform like 27th, Cabs, SCV, Kingsmen, Royalairs. It will get even better when they finally invite corps like Bucs, Brigs, Renegades, Empire, Cabs, Bush, MBI and even the god forsaken Kilties.

The experience is just as amazing the second time around.

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

There have been several references to senior corps in prior Fanfare columns. I've never had a problem getting them published. Contrary to what some may wish to believe, DCI does not turn its back on the existence of part of the activity. My goal and I believe that of DCI is to get more people into drum corps, period...a goal apparently shared by Emily. The more that find any part of drum corps will translate to more that find all parts of drum corps.

Mike

I agree....it would be foolish for DCI to turn it's back on senior corps, as it keeps the activity going and strengthens drum corps in general. I feel that with the increase of alumni corps, it would be a great idea to have an alumni corps perform @ every DCI Championship.....even though many of us disagree at times (or all the time)....we all have something in common....we all are or will be alumnis someday!

This is nice, considering they told the world on the ESPN broadcast that your career's over at 21.

And that's the day the breakthru between DCI and DCA/Alumnis will finally occur. Don't get me wrong the rest are good steps. But to hear "after 21... that's it...." has been said for too many decades, yes decades.

It's like DCI can't admit it out loud..... in public.... to potential marchers.....

I think it's great when DCI invites alumni corps to perform like 27th, Cabs, SCV, Kingsmen, Royalairs. It will get even better when they finally invite corps like Bucs, Brigs, Renegades, Empire, Cabs, Bush, MBI and even the god forsaken Kilties.

The experience is just as amazing the second time around.

Mom

Westshoremen (96), Minnesota Brass (97?), and the Brigadiers ('99, '01) have performed at DCI Championships.

Westshoremen (96), Minnesota Brass (97?), and the Brigadiers ('99, '01) have performed at DCI Championships.

Minnesota Brass performed an exhibition on Prelims night in 1999 (Madison). They were on last and all I can remember is so many people singing "In the Stone" (That was one of Minnesota's songs from the show) when leaving the stadium.

Triple Forte

This is nice, considering they told the world on the ESPN broadcast that your career's over at 21.

But your marching career in DCI IS over at 21.

When DCA co-hosts and co-pays for the broadcast, maybe a comment like that will be obsolete.. until then, it's accurate and there's no obligation on DCI's part to squander ANY of their bought-and-paid-for-air-time on public service announcements for DCA.

Back to the actual topic of this thread.. Michael, I agree.. I also think it puts to REST the inaccurate belief held by some folks that DCI has it out to get DCA or to short-shrift them in some way.

Stef