2006 DCI Classic Countdown

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 Crown????????????????? That's gotta be a joke. You mean to tell me people really LUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV that show????????

Apparently. It was voted in. Of course it is one of my favorites :worthy:

Uh . . . the 2000s? Are you people serious?

Cavies 00, 01, 03, 04

Cadets 01, 02, 05

Blue Devils 00, 01, 02, 03, 04

SCV 03, 04

Phantom 03, 05

ALL those shows were bypassed for the two that made it??

Probably because of the stupid "1 show from every corps rule." Cavies 95 and Phantom 89 probably had the highest number of votes from any show...

Well, I got four of my choices in and I am so excited that 1992 Crossmen made the cut!!!! That is one fantastic show and I can't wait to see it on the big screen. And 1999 Vanguard, one of the few shows that I've ever seen in June and knew that it was a championship show.

As for the 2004 Crown and 2005 Bluecoats selections, I think they were probably aided by a few factors: 1) not corps more than once; 2) no obvious selections in the 2000s; and 3) a relatively limited number of selections for Crown and Bluecoats (while they've had great shows in the past, it'll be a long time before they make it in for the 80s or 90s since those decades are filled with the biggest drum corps classics from so many other corps). But let's face it, both Crown and Coats are two corps really on the rise, so I think they're great selections for the 2000s -- show two corps that are positioning themselves to produce more classics in the future.

I dont' see how can you say there were no obvious choices in the 2000's, unless you amend your statement to there were no obvious choices . . .

From corps left that already weren't selected from the 80's and 90's.

That, I agree with. Except for Devs 04 was pretty great.

99 vanguard = TD...Throwdown

Tho I did not see this show live when I saw it, just the sheer intensity that this corps portrayed to me was incredible and far above any other corps from that particular year. And the music is far from dull, very much draws the listener in! :) Great choice! :)

I'm surprised no one has complained about there being no sky ryders!

Marching with Magic that summer I got to see all the big dogs more than a few times. Devs were clean and nailing the show consistantly all year. SCV had the show though, dirty as it may have been though. Finals night though, it was just clean enough, and the intensity.... Was just unspeakable. It was a night of throwing down. Madison came out and lit up the stadium like they hadn't all year. Cavies put on a show that was memorable in itself and by far their best of the season. SCV comes out and ####### throws down the gauntlet. Devs, as much as I love that show, did all they could just to tie SCV that night. What an incredible evening!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy: