Brace yourselves...

first......well said.

second...Dr Beat is GOD! :worthy:

Dr. Beat is the truth.

And the Truth shall set you free.

Just don't set it up directly behind me all year during ensemble. Advil made lots of money off me that year. :bleah:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's such a shame the most outspoken director, and the man who seems to be pushing the buttons doesn't agree.

some days, i really wish they'd truly ask the kids what THEY want and how THEY feel. After all, it's supposed to be about and for the kids

If THEY don't like the direction Cadet's, etc are going in , THEY can march elsewhere.

So since Cadets had a huge turnout at tryouts, I think your point is mute.

Edited by Stream of Consciousness

it's such a shame the most outspoken director, and the man who seems to be pushing the buttons doesn't agree.

some days, i really wish they'd truly ask the kids what THEY want and how THEY feel. After all, it's supposed to be about and for the kids

Just for the records, the members of the Cadets were asked after the 2004 season to express their thoughts on which direction the Cadets design team should head. I'm sure you know that but choose to disregard it because it's the Cadets! You sound so uninformed sometimes.

I haven't listened to the recording yet but I do plan on it when I get home. My concern and I think the root of many other peoples concerns is that because of this "innovation" Hopkins will next year try getting a voice judge or something like it and AGAIN FORCE a drastic change in the nature of drum corps on every other DCI corps. He has succeeded once (Amps), has tried a few other times (Saxophones, etc.). I have no doubt that this kind of voice sound will add to their show, but I am EXTREMELY concerned about where Hopkins will make this go after this season is done. He wants to "innovate" his corps..fine. But he better leave DCI policy out of it.

Edited by MCA

Dr. Beat is the truth.

And the Truth shall set you free.

Just don't set it up directly behind me all year during ensemble. Advil made lots of money off me that year. :worthy:

you forgot to mention Excederine Migraine did as well. :bleah:

I think it could use more amps. :worthy:

I am not bashing Drum Corps Associates. I am pointing out the behavoir of some of its marching members. I spoke a truth. Keggers happen there..they happen at DCI..I've been to both types of shows. DCA parties are more wild and out in the open in my experience.

I baseing this on MY experience.

And yes Jeff..there is beer smuggled in on DCI busses..I never said DCI kids were a bunch of angels.

Some of my first impressions of DCI off the field weren't exactly favorable.

Some things I saw in the 70's, don't remember the exact shows anymore, but most likely US Open and some other Ohio shows, turned me off.

On the way to the parking lot I saw BD guy (I heard a bass drumer) fist fighting a Scout in unifrom.

I was also offended at the prevelence of smoking in uniform that took place back then.

I've also had alumni of corps tell stories of drugs and things that went on (not by everyone, but by some).

Edited by shawn craig

Just for the records, the members of the Cadets were asked after the 2004 season to express their thoughts on which direction the Cadets design team should head. I'm sure you know that but choose to disregard it because it's the Cadets! You sound so uninformed sometimes.

i did not know this and i thank you for speaking up....maybe this should have been advertised more.

now, how about all the other corps?

Somehow buddy, I don't think he was only talking about the Cadets corps members. I hate the new direction and I am a current marching member in DCI. Let's keep it in context.

Edited by tplaya1