Frameworks versus The Zone

Clash of the Titans  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Which 99.15 show was better overall?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie
  2. 2. Which 99.15 show do you think will be better remembered 10-20 years from now?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie
  3. 3. Which did you find to be more "entertaining" to you, personally?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie

Just a random post here in an already-open-but-old thread, so that I don't open up a new one if it's not worth a new one...

but it's not very often I say nice things about post-2000 cavies, and especially about Frameworks...

but I was just listening to the ballad from 2002, and I just wanted to say that I think it's absolutely incredible. I have it looping at the moment, it's an amazing piece of music first of all, very layered and unique, and of course performed to near perfection. It is taking me a while to warm up to this show, but just add this to the list of things I'm starting to love about it.

thats all :)

oh and...I was there at finals, and I'm wishing now that I gave it more of a chance while I was seeing it live...I knew that it was going to win, and win by a lot, and I do remember thinking how incredible that hornline was, I specifically remember the final big chord in the ballad...but I was a little bitter I guess at the time. So, here's to not letting these kinds of prejudices hinder my enjoyment and appreciation of a show when I have the chance *raises coffee*

Edited by chris ncsu

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cavaliers show by a mile. The Zone was...special. It will be remembered because of how odd the concept was, but The Cavaliers show was just better (musically and visually) and it will be remembered for it's stunning drill.

Also, it's one of my personal favorites.

TIE

Cadets

Cavies

I think they are both equally good. I think Cadets will be remembered moreso because of the controversial show design. I do find Cavies show more entertaining personally.

Just a random post here in an already-open-but-old thread, so that I don't open up a new one if it's not worth a new one...

but it's not very often I say nice things about post-2000 cavies, and especially about Frameworks...

but I was just listening to the ballad from 2002, and I just wanted to say that I think it's absolutely incredible. I have it looping at the moment, it's an amazing piece of music first of all, very layered and unique, and of course performed to near perfection. It is taking me a while to warm up to this show, but just add this to the list of things I'm starting to love about it.

thats all :)

oh and...I was there at finals, and I'm wishing now that I gave it more of a chance while I was seeing it live...I knew that it was going to win, and win by a lot, and I do remember thinking how incredible that hornline was, I specifically remember the final big chord in the ballad...but I was a little bitter I guess at the time. So, here's to not letting these kinds of prejudices hinder my enjoyment and appreciation of a show when I have the chance *raises coffee*

Wow, Chris.

It takes a lot of courage to come clean on something like that and overcome an old prejudice. I'm not being contrite, either, that's genuine.

I have a lot of respect for that kind of courage.

Stef

Wow, Chris.

It takes a lot of courage to come clean on something like that and overcome an old prejudice. I'm not being contrite, either, that's genuine.

I have a lot of respect for that kind of courage.

Stef

Thanks Stef. Go...everyone? Hah, some more than others :)

Heh, I clicked on this thread, not realizing how old it was, and was like "what the heck? Why won't it let me vote??". :P

I have my obvious biases in this thread, so i tried to break it down analytically by captions as to who would actually win head to head.

Percussion - no brainer, cadets by 5 or more tenths

Brass - Cavies, but not by a ton

Guard - tricky one, as cavs were good, but had an off night while cadets didnt

Music ensemble - cadets, clean with a little more demand.

Vis ensemble - cavs by a mile, sorry us

Vis performance - cant say. I'd guess that our feet were cleaner, while their drill was better/

So it comes down to GE, which I am at a complete loss to explain. Our show received about 99.5% of the possible GE points, i dont know about cavies. Either way, its basically impossible to determine, since noone in this life or the next seems to know what exactly makes up GE anyway.

I'm only going off memory.....but it seems like GE went like this.

Cavies:

GE Vis: 20.0 out of 20.0

GE Mus: 19.9 out of 20.0

Cadets:

GE Vis: 19.9 out of 20.0

I remembering leaving finals in 2005 thinking that The Cadets must of had some perfect captions in order to score a 99.15 because the Cavaliers had 3 perfect in 2002. However, the Cadets didn't have any perfects, they just pretty much had pretty high marks in all captions. The Cavies down fall from a crazy score of like 99.75 was drums. :)

Edited by LaSqueegee

Cadets 2005 to me, is one of the best shows of all time. The performance level was so high, and there was so much innovation in that show. The ballad is one of the best moments in DCI history for me. Also, the drumline and color guard were much better for Cadets in 2005 than the Cavies in 2002.

I'm only going off memory.....but it seems like GE went like this.

Cavies:

GE Vis: 20.0 out of 20.0

Cadets:

GE Vis: 19.9 out of 20.0

I remembering leaving finals in 2005 thinking that The Cadets must of had some perfect captions in order to score a 99.15 because the Cavaliers had 3 perfect in 2002. However, the Cadets didn't have any perfects, they just pretty much had pretty high marks in all captions. The Cavies down fall from a crazy score of like 99.75 was drums. :)

Thats one of the reasons why i feel the cadets were deserving of their score. No one judge gave them a crazy number, but every number was very good. Still doesnt answer the questions posed in this thread tho :P