Anyone else think Regiment can win this thing?

We didn't put the kick in for 03 until Quarters, but almost no one saw it, lol. Don't count it out - but don't expect it too soon either.

YOUMARCHEDIN2003OMGTHATISAMAZINGLIKELOLOMG.... b**bs :worthy::worthy::worthy::grrr:

:P

Edited by Wild Nights

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too.

not a bad show at all, now that I have gotten to see a clip of it.

the drill isn't AS BAD as I remember, and the corps sounds great.

will they win? no, I don't think so. Top 2? Definetely possible. Top 3? In my mind, unquestionable.

~>conner

Jude was responsible for the body movement in Wild Nights 2 (as far as I know, at least he taught it to us), as well as the jump during the crab step (sorry, I can't remmember what it is really called). Actually, as far as I know he was responsible for all the movement the horns did in terms of dance.

The wedge, crab-step, kick halts (both left and right), the Van-halen (in Wild Nights 1), the W-pulls, etc. and all that good old fashioned Regiment stuff was taught by Bob Smith (though, I can't say who decided to put what where) - because it is, well, classic Regiment. Tony Hall has a LOT of creative say in creating those moments as well (amazing and frustrating process all at the same time).

When we learned the wedge in 03, they painted a really small triangle on the field, and told us all to get inside - after a few minutes, we figured out what was going on. That was a very LONG Tony Hall day.

Honestly, I'm so jellious of the 06 corps - they have an amazing show, and I could care less how they do in the end. Can't ask for anything more than a great show like this.

After what I saw in SA last night...YES Regiment can win this thing. Not only do they have an amazing Low Brass section, but how shmokes they have an alto section as well. And dont get me started on the Percussion section. If there is a weak point in the hornline, it has to me the trumpets. The drill needs to be polished and the guard work needs to be polished as well, but WOW what a show...I am still in awe of what I saw.

Jude was responsible for the body movement in Wild Nights 2 (as far as I know, at least he taught it to us), as well as the jump during the crab step (sorry, I can't remmember what it is really called).

Wild Nights 1 and 2: always had a question about that and now seems like a good time to bring it up... Is WN2 the sort of transition piece into Lord's Prayer after the huge stinger? That section is only about a minute or so long, compared to the rest of Wild Nights, which is a couple minutes (of sheer power, pleasure and amazement I might add... :) )

So my question is: where does part 1 end and part 2 begin? It's not too clear from a fan perspective, and I always wanted to know- I LOVE that show :)

That was a very LONG Tony Hall day.

We had a few of "those days" as well. There were no printed charts or coordinates to be found. (I laughed when I recently read an article by Michael Boo where he mentioned a magnet board that Steve Brubaker used to work out his drill ideas. I immediately thought of Tony Hall, and that he kinda did the same thing- only with life-sized pieces...)