Arnold, MD show July22nd

Why is it that the 'other DCA show' on any given weekend can't get a decent review? Just this?

In the years going back futher than this guy was in diapers, I have never seen or heard such disrespect coming from any Marine, let alone any of their DBC members. They have always been nothing but a class organization any time they have been at any shows I've attended, till now.

But Hey, on a lighter side -

- Shennandoah Sound - Thanks for the great effort and venue! Work on that water problem for next year, please! Although for as much as it poured, the field was in surprising shape.

- Congrats to the Hurcs! Sorry I was too soaked to stand outside and enjoy your victory concert. Loved the Hurricane swagger for years, and good to see you in the mix again this year. Till we meet again in Rochester!

- MVE, you get the "Heart and Soul' trophy this weekend. I was watching out for my old friends and worried with you when I heard about your misadventure. Nice to see you again Jaye, and tell Dan that I'll try to reintroduce myself at RCC. Laura (?)/Contra Goddess, nice to meet you - you're only slightly taller than the horn you play, but you can certainly play with the big boys. The Pittsburgh area deserves a corps like you again.

- MCL, missed your performance(s), but look forward to seeing more of you in two weeks. Good idea on the preshow lunch spread.

- Sunrisers and Skyliners - always a pleasure to see you on the same field. Both looked and sounded great from the ready area, and I look forward to seeing you giving us 100% at finals.

- Fran Haring - you are usually pretty easy to pick out of the crowd, but not at ground level! your shirt colors must have ran in all that rain, you blended in (for a change).

- And finally, to the drum corps fans who toughed it out. Thanks. You were as inspirational as we hoped to be for you.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran Haring - you are usually pretty easy to pick out of the crowd, but not at ground level! your shirt colors must have ran in all that rain, you blended in (for a change).

It got harder to find him when Shenandoah Sound changed their tops! :P

Edited by Robbie Ellis

Why is it that the 'other DCA show' on any given weekend can't get a decent review? Just this?

Probably one reason for the lack of reviews is that many of us who saw the show have corps affiliations and our reviews would inevitably offend someone or appear biased to others. I'd rather not create a false identity just to give a straightforward review.

I am proud of the Shenandoah crew for pulling this show off despite a lot of adversity. I also have an even greater respect for Hurcs, Sky and Sun for throwing their chips in and bolstering the lineup of a "southern" show. Everyone I encountered from each of the corps was gracious and classy.

Oh, and let's not forget that those Cadets singers are working their ##### off, as well, to put out the best product that they can, as we all are, but I guess we've lost sight of that in the now personal vendetta against me. Please be sure to give me your regards the next time you don't see me at a DCA show.

The difference is that in the DCA Forums, we tend to have a lot more class. If you'd done a little research instead of trying to deflect the criticism you earned on your own, you'd see that.

Please, keep posting. You're just cementing your newly found reputation.

We all work hard. It's not easy chasing or being chased as a 'Big Boy' as you call it. The crowd response is like a narcotic. THAT is why I march.

Amen Laura. Agreed 100%.

They have a way of dealing with this sort of thing IN HOUSE! :blink:

BTW that first group was YOUR HOST for the show.The same HOST that made it posible for "The Commadnant's OWN" to perform at the show.They were also the same HOST that made sure "The Commandnant's OWN" had the gatorade your group requested when they came off the field.

Ed,

I truly enjoy most of your posts. I take exception to this one. I believe you are not seeing the big picture, the picture that should cover the universe, not just in America. Freedom of speech. Yep, that does include to right to complain to the man's boss, but why?

I go ballistic whenever someone steps on my freedom. I left DCP for a long time, partly due to censorship.

People express an opinion and we take these folks on here in a likewise manner. Let it go at that. I'm enjoying all this. Gets kinda vanilla in here sometimes.

Just for the record, I didn't mean it to sound as though marching in one of the big corps is easy. Far from it. Everyone is out there giving it their all. It's just that big corps and little corps sometimes face different challenges throughout the season. That's all.

Considering the rain, the heat, humidity and all the BS that happened yesterday, every corps performed their hearts out and I think despite the low attendance and close to 1 hour rain delay, the show went on without a hitch. I am sorry if some of you feel the way you do about DCA and this show and small corps but let me tell you that small corps like the ones last night work as hard as Bush, Cabs, Reading and all the other big ones. Don't ever count out the small corps!

Andrew,

I'm sorry that I missed the show. The weather forecast and too many trips down that way last weekend were just too much...................

As a Sunriser, remember that the corps has a reputation for doing more with less and I'm sure your edition is no exception. Also remember that Sun has had several instances of transforming from "small" to contender in fairly short order. While I wish this for the current corps, if it doesn't happen in your day enjoy what you've experienced.

I hear what your saying :)I am sure that everyone that shared mud on that field last night feels the same way.

SSgt David Warner has a photo on his public profile here on dcp.

If anyone recognizes him from the show the other night and saw him talking on his cell phone while the other corps were performing or just feels that his public comments on here are out of line,,feel free to contact the public realtions office at "The Commandant's Own"

US Marine Drum and Bugle Corps Washington, DC at (202) 433-2927 or (703) 432-9663

so now we're out to get a US Marine, because he had the nerve to give his honest and frank opinion on DCP?

his comments were harsh (could even be wrong - I don't know), but isn't this kind of reaction over the top?

AND, it appears the DCP police have managed to chase him away - as I'm sure was the intent - nice job.

Edited by brassomaniac

Back to topic, although freedom of speech is far more important:

I can't thank the stubborn fan$ enough for watching the drenched corps from their wet seats. Thanks to Shenandoah Sound for hanging tough and providing a stage to perform. Congratulations to Jeff Benson and the Glen Burnie HS Band Boosters for jumping in at a crucial time. Thanks to the USMC D&BC for seeing the big picture and enlisting to help what drum corps is all about. Thanks to #### Eschenmann and DCA for being there for us.

For those numbers crunchers, think about the miles each corps had to travel? My cramped legs, smelly clothes and wet DCWorlds reminded me.

Every corps was a champ in Arnold!