The BEST use of vocals

Pick the Best use of Vocals  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which show do you think used vocals the best?

• Carolina Crown 2004
    • Boston Crusaders 2004
    • Cadets 2005
    • Blue Devils 2005
    • Bluecoats 2005
    • Seattle Cascades 2005
    • Blue Devils 2006
    • Cadets 2006
    • Crossmen 2006
    • Blue Stars 2006

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the point I'm getting at. I have played MacBeth's Of Sailors and Whales. the third mvt. is incredible. I wouldn't mind seeing a corps do that for a show, and sing the third mvt as the ballad ( or slow part) whatever they call it these days. :lol::lol::lol::beer:

Yeah, the corps I was with in '97 from Pittsburgh, the Golden Lancers (div. III, sadly, no longer with us :( ) "played" Of Sailors and Whales, but, of course, we didn't sing. Honestly, that probably would have won it for us, but alas, we didn't even make Div II/III finals :P

Edited by McCheese

Oh yeah, and I voted for Bones 06 because it's such a creative and unique idea, not just narration, though it may still need some tweaking. My only problem with it is one of the big reasons I'm against amps. The radio section abso-frickin-lutely DEPENDS on the amps. If something goes wrong with the amps, either there's going to be a train wreck, or at least the intended effect will not be there BUT THIS IS OUT OF THE CORPS' CONTROL. It worries me. I have faith in my Bones, but unfortunately, not in technology.

I have not heard Crossmen 06 yet, so I voted for BD 06. This use of amped voice is very nicely implemented. It's not too much to drive anyone mad. Just enough spice to season it up.

I really don't understand why Bluecoats from last year was so popular...I think that was just as bad as Cadets last year and Crown in 04. That and the fact it reminded me of my Theory class in college when we had to vocalize rhythmic patterns....bad memories.

I really don't understand why Bluecoats from last year was so popular...I think that was just as bad as Cadets last year and Crown in 04. That and the fact it reminded me of my Theory class in college when we had to vocalize rhythmic patterns....bad memories.

*shiver* Ahhh, theory and aural skills...glad I'm finally done with that. Yeah, I see what you're saying, it's pretty much just vocalizing rhythmic patterns, only much, much more complex ones.

BTW: HAIL SINFONIA!!!

you forgot "none of the above"

Garry