Favorite Drill Move's

1. Star '91 cross (still hasn't been topped!)

2. Star '93 anti-climax hit where they spin and do the wave thingy

3. SCV '99

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dig the drill at the end of Cavaliers 1993.

Yes, Cavaliers 1993.

Cavaliers 1993 ??? I thought I was the only one !!! LOL

I hade that show programed in my brain, must have watched it like a thousand times.

The guard that year, the repetoire, ? amazing. Love that show

~G~

I wasn't there because I was marching (not Madison), but in 1999, I heard that they REALLY messed up the straight line--march into a FDL thing. Didn't the line split into two or something by accident, and then they recovered by the end to make the FDL? Funny thing, too, though... because that would normally throw off a corps to have a bad show. And Madison's 1999 finals show had such tremendous energy and emotion.

I was there. The Madison crowd was so loud that some Scouts missed (couldn't hear) the count off.

In addition to the ones commonly mentioned and the ones that first popped into my head when I read the subject.

1. Star cross to cross :rolleyes:

2. 93 Phantom..wedge crab->360->diagonal

are the two best and have not been topped imo

3. 95 Madison...rotating company front with the matador taunting them with the red flag...freaking AWESOME!!!

no particular order

92 Madison...don't remember specifics right now but remember LOVING the section after the drum solo to the end

92 Phantom...closing sets with the huge flags closing the show and then tilting open for the curtain call

2003 Phantom drum line destroying the block....watched them rehearse that for an entire day....loved every second

92 Cavies...during drum solo, 3 triangles morphing to become one giant perfect triangle...simple but SO cool

90 & 92 SCV...spelling out SCV

Notes on PR 03:

The move with the two parallelograms in Wild Nights was called 'the Grinder' more often than not

The move where the drumline triangle barges through the hornline was more or less the members making up there own drill. We spent a few rehearsals doing it all 4 counts at a time to clean it up, but it was really just a lot of running around and swirls.

General Tso - was that the block in Louisiana? I won't forget that day because of the fire ants (the field linning crew found those), and Bob Smith just yelling a lot, lol. Bob Smith made for the funniest rehearsals once you figured him out - if your wondering, I was 'Sox Hat' - his favorite target.

Edited by raphael18

<Link removed. Please see here.--LM>

Very cool beans!!!!! ^OO^

(25 minutes of great drill later...)

Wow, very cool.

BUT NO '87 GARFIELD?!

COMPANY FRONTS!!

I love the CF by Santa Clara in '89. Diagonal to the front and straight!

b**bs

Ah Yes,,old Troopers,they didn't play anything hard musically, but that full 50 yard perfect company front was a site to behold,luckily for them back in the60's VFW had ho difficulty cations and 1 G.E.judge(30 points overall preformance, usually some unknown band guy) that's how they won it,and started the decline for drum corps that really played ther ### off!!!!!!!!!

Edited by zarblap