When did drum corps make you cry

When they first introduced vocals. No "opera tears", only the Drum Corps kind.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cried during the PR performance the first time I saw them this year... mostly because it was my first show that I was seeing as an age-out. :( It has made me cry again too.... just cause their show is just so beautiful this year!

Good morning:

Yeah - I'm a weeper.

1980 - Spirit

2004 - Madison playing "Ice Castles" during Tour of Champions. I didn't know they were going to play that and it was so beautiful.

1999 - SCV playing "Clowns" at Allentown and watching the drumline, specifically the cymbals, bow their heads. That year "Clowns" became their anthem, their tribute to a fallen member. It really took on a whole new meaning. At their final run-through at Angels Camp Memorial weekend, after the sun set and they played "Clowns" in the near darkness, the somber mood was not broken by clapping parents watching in attendance, but muffled sobs on the field in near silence. It was an emotional year of tragedy, determination, and family love. SCV carries a passion in their heart and this raw group of talented kids lived and earned the 'star' that night.

And Bluecoats "On the Homefront" show (1995?) when the girl is given a folded flag. It made us cry then. I imagine it would make us all bawl now.

Edited by MAV

The first time:

Spirit '80 Birmingham (along with anyone else who was there)

The second time:

BD '99 victory concert in Allentown (just me this time)

I do remember Birmingham and it was very emotional for everyone in the house that night.

Derek

There's no crying in baseball....real men don't cry,,,,,one hand one heart (westside story),always puts a lump in my throat..

Each and every time I hear the Madison Scouts (especially the Alumni Corps) play or sing, "You'll Never Walk Alone".

...and listening to the aulmni corps horn line at the February camp!

Another one I'd forgotten about was the Spirit of JSU tribute. When they played "Send in the Clowns", with Gail Royer's flag running down the field, oh yeah...I lost it. I miss U G.R.!

Ok, I just about lost it reading about that. I heard SCV play it in the parking lot after a CA show and it was sooooo moving.

BD's warmup sans percussion in the parking lot gets to me too.

SCV 92 Everytime I watch the freakin' thing!