DCA Announces Unique Prize

I can't wait to have my vote. What a great idea. Congrates to DCA to allow the fans to have a say in the awards part. Corps I am sure will be playing more to the fans then the judges. What a great hype that will be.

Wad

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1981 - 1983 - Pepe was on of the drum major's for Hurcs , directing the color presenatations, and the "featured soloist" on french horn during Swing Swing Swing ..

That solo is UNREAL. Everytime I see the Hurricanes today, I think of that solo.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

This is great news for DCA and its fans! And IMO, there is no better person to honor with the naming of this award than Pepe. He was the ultimate drum corps personality.

Fran

A few days ago I was transferring some DCI tapes and Pepe was conducting OH Canada/America the beutiful. You could see his passion for Drum Corps in his conducting. I still chuckled when he said he would give up drum corps when the last shovel of dirt hits his face or something like that. Anyway, what a great character he must of bin.

Scott

Hi all!

jamesdrum007, you are probably right on Pepe's choice of instrument. I did this announcement in a bit of a hurry and should have been more careful. I clearly remember Pepe on a French Horn, and his little gesture back into the line after a solo! But, knowing his immense talent, I take some comfort in knowing he probably did pick-up a mellophone somewhere in his career and "wowed" everyone around him!

We'll need a few Skyliners here to correct me on this detail.

:)

Fred,

Trust us, it was a french horn that Pepe played to the utmost! I'm certain that Tom Peashey will concur.

Ray

Frenchie!

Gotta love anonymous donors. Give the fan$ what they want.

My opinion of this award named for Pepe? Just read my signature below.

What a great concept. An ENTERTAINMENT Award (and that's what this activity is about) and to connect this award in "Pepe's" memory is so appropriate. Whomever leaves Rochester this Labor Day with one of these awards should know (even if you've never met him) you just won the "GOLD". R.I.P. Mr. Entertainment :laugh:

This is the best idea for an award that I have heard about in a loooooong time. b**bs b**bs b**bs

Imagine, an award for being entertaining!! What is drum corps comming to?