Cadets morale?

Cardman, do you seriously think people are going to take his insults anymore? No, people are standing up for the Cadets, and we are sick of hearing his opinion all over the place. He even almost hijacked his own thread about a motivational poster into a Cadets 2006 bashing thread, but the right people prevailed. Besides, my comments to him stopped at a point where it would be me bashing him for the sake of bashing him. DCP Forum Guidelines sometimes give me a little laugh tho, why is it alright for one member to bash 200 people all in one post, but others can't respond back in kind? Is it a little childish, yes, I will admit that I know it is. But he's a kid, and people have tried to post logical things about their thoughts and show him the past, and then he goes back to his childish ways. So for him to understand, we've got to talk to him on his own level. After all, he basically has said that George Hopkins changed the end of their show because of him.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello? Admins? Why isn't this type of behaviour being stopped? These people have been shamelessly bashing Hrothgar through much of this thread...how sad.

Please...I hate the product. The kids are NOT the product. They are PERFORMING a product. You CAN seperate them. The kids didn't design the show. That is all.

More Hrothgar personal attacks...

You don't speak for me, TXMystreaux. By the way, there's that "ignore user" function. Just use it, for goodness sakes...

Another personal attack. It's really sad how you "fans" will attack someone because they are young or have not marched corps. You aren't allowed to have an opinion unless you're over 30 (guess I'm safe) and have marched in a corps...

To everyone who was attacking Hrothgar in this thread: "Ignore user" or quit complaining. Talk about hypocrites...

Are you saying youare above personal attacks? (selective memory)

Okay, back to the masses, I think you are in the minority in your thinking in this respect.

I don't see anyone bashing Hroth because he did not march, but instead because of his comments this summer. Him not marching only makes those comments all the more inflammatory.

Now, you may step down from the pedestal.

Cardman, do you seriously think people are going to take his insults anymore? No, people are standing up for the Cadets, and we are sick of hearing his opinion all over the place. He even almost hijacked his own thread about a motivational poster into a Cadets 2006 bashing thread, but the right people prevailed. Besides, my comments to him stopped at a point where it would be me bashing him for the sake of bashing him. DCP Forum Guidelines sometimes give me a little laugh tho, why is it alright for one member to bash 200 people all in one post, but others can't respond back in kind? Is it a little childish, yes, I will admit that I know it is. But he's a kid, and people have tried to post logical things about their thoughts and show him the past, and then he goes back to his childish ways. So for him to understand, we've got to talk to him on his own level. After all, he basically has said that George Hopkins changed the end of their show because of him.

which made me almost pass out because i was LAUGHING so hard...it is really ashame that people really have so much HATE and VENOM to belittle the participation of these kids, the staff, and even Hop...though some of my friends, who are in the corps, laugh about what I tell them when I talk of DCP...so they aren't being affected...and if they are...they aren't showing it...which is GREAT FOR THEM, for HOPPY, and for the CADETS!!!!!!!!! Going to be a great show....expect the unexpected...that is what I was told by my friend who plays sop. should be interesting...I'm in my hotel in Madison...

GO MAROON AND GOLD!

Just wanted to say that Cadets 2006 is in no way a "clunker". If you saw them early, see them again (improved a ton!!), if you saw them lately see them again for me. Cadets are known for their work ethic all year and especially for the last push. Go Cadets!

Just wanted to say that Cadets 2006 is in no way a "clunker". If you saw them early, see them again (improved a ton!!), if you saw them lately see them again for me. Cadets are known for their work ethic all year and especially for the last push. Go Cadets!

I've seen them 5 times this season, from the July 1 Allentown show to, well, the DCI East Allentown show. I'm not attending Championships this year so my last look was August 4.

I'm not a Cadets hater. The show is very much improved, as are most corps. It's still a 4th-5th place show, though. For the Cadets, who are rarely out of the top 3, that's a clunker, along the same lines as BD last year, or Cavies Firebird show.

I've seen them 5 times this season, from the July 1 Allentown show to, well, the DCI East Allentown show. I'm not attending Championships this year so my last look was August 4.

I'm not a Cadets hater. The show is very much improved, as are most corps. It's still a 4th-5th place show, though. For the Cadets, who are rarely out of the top 3, that's a clunker, along the same lines as BD last year, or Cavies Firebird show.

depending on your understanding of an unsuccessful showing: not being in the top 3? or not enjoying themselves...

Though the Cadets might not get to be top THREE, the members are loving what they are doing and they are having a great time..and all of my freinds who marched last year...say this is a successful year....and they wouldn't have changed anything...because this is who THE CADETS ARE and will NOT CHANGE just because the Judges, the fans, the DCPers do NOT love thier show...THEY LOVE IT...and that is ALL THAT MATTERS...they are not just excited to perform in FINALS and see what happens....

Anyone speak with members and/or someone close to the Cadets?

I know that Hop has requested exhibition performance in the past, so his definition of success certainly does not lie in the standings, but there must be some very disappointed members in the corps. Does getting slammed every night take its toll on a perenial top 3 corps? You can say scores don't matter until you're blue in the face, but being a member during a season of the corps lowest standing in 15 years must be very discouraging. I hope they realize that 'pushing the envelope' sometimes means taking your hits. I have not seen or heard the show, so I cannot judge, but I would imagine from all the comments it's pretty off the wall.

How are they "pushing the envelope?"

they wouldn't have changed anything...because this is who THE CADETS ARE and will NOT CHANGE just because the Judges, the fans, the DCPers do NOT love thier show...THEY LOVE IT...and that is ALL THAT MATTERS....

Just an observation, but from what I've heard, they've been getting pretty good crowd response, haven't they? And it should go without saying, but just because the judges have them in 4th or 5th place doesn't mean they necessarily "do not love" the Cadets show, does it? It just means that three or four other corps are better. Even the majority of the reviews I've read here seem to be more positive than negative. Just because there are some number of very vocal people who hate this show for whatever reason doesn't mean their opinion is universal.

Should they be more disappointed about the scores they are receiving...or the show they are performing?

Ouch. :ph34r: