Hop wants to eliminate score recaps and other rule changes.

I mean his corps is fourth in the world.

5th.

:P

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- training

- enough is emough. If we want effect judges we need to spend money.

We need to have people who can react and respond to music, visual, guard, theme

Yeah, we need to train more judges to give The Cadets higher marks. I don't remember him complaining about the effect judges last year.

Yeah. George Hopkins is an idiot. He has no clue. I mean his corps is fourth in the world. He should be embarrassed. I mean cadets have been a real failure since he has directed them. They hardley ever win championships. Maybe only a couple of times a decade, and that show design... only saw it three times. Large stading ovation each time. What an embarassment. Lets all jump on George because we are so much more talented. Oh thats right we are sitting typing on DCP while hes directing a corps at finals RIGHT NOW!!!! Good night.

If you trust the judges, his corps is no better than 5th.

Age limits -- Mixed feelings on this. I'm a free market kind of guy and if a 30 year old has the time, money, and inclination to march, why not? OTOH, that's potentially a spot that a 19-20 year old might have filled. In theory, this could expand the number of corps because the member pool increases. In practice, I just don't see that happening. And, to someone else's point, would I allow my 16 year old daughter to spend 2 months on the road with an organization filled with 25 year olds? Maybe allow each corps a limited number (<10?) of all age members?

IMO, this would work just like WGI. Chances are, the older, more experienced and possibly better trained people would be the ones to win auditions. I don't think it would be any more likely to have 16 year olds in with 25 year olds any more than it is to now have 16 year old high school kids in with 19 year old music majors.

- training

- enough is emough. If we want effect judges we need to spend money.

We need to have people who can react and respond to music, visual, guard, theme

Yeah, we need to train more judges to give The Cadets higher marks. I don't remember him complaining about the effect judges last year.

we need to make GE easier. people want to make it about all this deep hidden meaning......in theory it should be about reactions of the judges. but if they have to study to get a show, as opposed to just watching and hopefully enjoying, then, GE is too complicated

IMO, this would work just like WGI. Chances are, the older, more experienced and possibly better trained people would be the ones to win auditions. I don't think it would be any more likely to have 16 year olds in with 25 year olds any more than it is to now have 16 year old high school kids in with 19 year old music majors.

Isn't the point of drum corps to be a youth activity? That is why DCA corps exist so that the older more experienced members can keep going. I don't think it would be healthy for drum corps to go older!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

if you make the age in DCI older, DCA will get younger. and it's getting #### young.

why? they see it as cost effective, and not a step down from DCi.

we need to make GE easier. people want to make it about all this deep hidden meaning......in theory it should be about reactions of the judges. but if they have to study to get a show, as opposed to just watching and hopefully enjoying, then, GE is too complicated

Do I detect some whining that the a certain Blue corps that I know made you mad because they beat another certain corps tonight? Sarcasm on: Let's change the system it doesn't work all of the past champions are tainted and the system is crap!!! Sarcasm off . B)

Wesley Perkins

BK '97 '98