Little known drum corps facts

Did you know that Michael Gaines is actually a human, a regular person like you and me?? I know! I was shocked too!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know why DCI is called DC"I"?

Because De La Salle "Oaklands" was an original "founding member" of DCI and their then Director and Business Manager, Bob Cobham, reminded everyone that they and several additional potential members were not "American" drum corps. As a result it was agreed that "International" should be added or included in the name.

Because De La Salle "Oaklands" was an original "founding member" of DCI and their then Director and Business Manager, Bob Cobham, reminded everyone that they and several additional potential members were not "American" drum corps. As a result it was agreed that "International" should be added or included in the name.

Don Warren said on the "Brass Roots" video tape that the orginal name was Drum Corps National (DCN). B)

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Cadets in 87 did a run of their show at Epcot, and the tempos got so sky high that they were done in 8 minutes