Drum Corps Quotes - A little fun

OK... that's funny ... and FUNNIER!! b**bs

lol, I had never heard the second.

Also - I forgot about the ensuing sheep calls that went with the "and sheep were scared."

Maaaahhh, Baaaahhhh

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drums, strap 'em on, the hornline doesn't have to warm up, to suck!

Yikes!

"Contras, play that lick like that one more time and you will suffer death by bonga-bonga..."

from Wayne Downey (that comment was given to us during the first hour of the first camp of the '99 season!)

Christian Beliveau

Brigs contra '99- '02, '04

####, man! Thanks for the tears running down my face right now!!!

*death by bonga-bonga* indeed!!! b**bs

This wasn't a staff saying, but rather a little anecdote: John Bodie was one of 27th's visual guys when I marched there, and he was muscular with a big chest. He'd halt us, walk along the form, and POKE people (well, maybe it was just us snares) in the chest when they were out of the form, so we were afraid of "The Finger" of John Bodie. I saw him at the reunion a few years ago, and reminded him of this, asking if he knew we were nervous about getting poked!

Charley Poole, 27th's percussion caption head when I marched and all-around great guy wanted our warmups and rehearsals to be perfect, executed like our shows. In 1984 when our drumline was cooking, we were a bit lax in rehearsal, much to his chagrin. He'd say something to us like "what was that?!" and we'd say:

"Charley, watch the show! Watch the show!"

I think my favorite was the 10 minute speech that Jason Bentley delved into that somehow related circle drill to birth control. There were numerous references to how much condoms suck, but that in the end they're worth it... how it ####### sucks to have to pay to see your son... I'm not sure where circle drill fit in.

Boy, I have a bunch of these...

Someone asks to go to the bathroom and pretends as if it's a real big emergancy.

Brass tech replies with, "So you're sayin' you're full of ####?"

At a winter camp, the visual caption head stresses the importants of water jugs.

"...if you come to rehearsal with a tiny water bottle, I'll yell at you. Remember: Steve wants jugs. Say it with me..."

at this point the entire corps is rolling around laughing

The brass tech is lecturing the sopranos about balance.

"When you're playing, you have to constantly listen. You have to match your sound and your volume to everyone around you. Don't be the one that sticks out. Don't be the ####."

"You see that stop sign overthere? Go touch it!"

To elaborate on the running quotes from capreg:

Staff Member: "See China?"

Us: "No..."

Staff Member: "Well go find it, it's past that tree over there"

"I want you to tell me the license plate number on that car out there"

And a side note, whenever told to run around a building once, don't try and find a shortcut through it, because you may get lost and or stuck inside! Anyone remember Clear Lake, Iowa in 03???

A long, long time ago, we were doing a run-through, and a fellow snare drummer had to give the "eight for nothing", so he went, "one.., two..., one two ready CRUISE". I laughed so hard, I couldn't play and we had to start over again. When we were told it wasn't funny, it made us laugh even more.

Instructor: "Are you bored captain?"

Guard Captain "A little"

The rest of us under our breath "s***"

Instructor "Well since your captain is bored, lets entertain him by running to that stop sign"

Needless to say I was dumbfounded when the captain said yes. Even funnier was the look on his face when he realized what he had just done after he said it.