Drum Corps Quotes - A little fun

I remembered another classic:

"Snares... that was about as pleasant as fingernails on a chalkboard. Could you maybe take it up a notch to the dentists drill on your teeth so

we know we're making progress? Thank you."

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During spring training in Whitewater, WI in '03, Ben Potts told us to "Go run around that pine tree out there" when the tree he was referring to was actually a very young maple tree, clearly not pine... Needless to say, he heard about that one the rest of the summer...

also have to add... it's not a quote, but anytime staff was indecisive about where they wanted us to start and so the whole group of us would be wandering from one side of the other making various farm animal sounds... i will never forget the sounds of very poorly-imitated bleating sheep and moo-ing cows... priceless...

Barbaro yelling from the stands at a rehearsal somewhere in the south...

Bockman.....you're so f**king stupid!

Brass staff person: Person! Why are you looking around! See that wall over there? There a wise man behind it; go ask him about paying attention in rehearsal.

Person runs off and comes back.

Brass staff person: What did he say?

Person: He said I should pay attention in rehearsal.

Brass staff person: No, a wise man wouldn't say that. He would say something like "from within......you will find focus". Go talk to him again.

Edited by mellodramatic

Practice day of an early season show when not everyone had the music down 100%.

Horn instructor was talking to the sops and we were gabbing with each other.

Horn instructor yells: "Don't just stand there doing nothing. FINGER YOUR PARTS"

Contra bass: "OK, but I gotta put my horn down first"

Had another horn instructor whose pet phrase was "You bunch of monkeys". To #### him off we'd start making chimp sounds, scratching ourselves and act like we were pulling bugs off of each other. ^0^

"OK guys, the volume on this is.... P I A N O!!!!!!!" Scott Johnson

"what is this %%$#?"

"in stage band, concert band, or even drum corps, a ruff is a ruff." , "fellas, fellas PLEASE", - Lynn Davis

"Alright you guys, paradiddle your way through this."

"is it a tap roll??"

"Percussion,You are too loud!"-Mr. Lionel Ruffin :rolleyes:

"Out of my office!" :(

"It's DCI!" :D

"Knock it off!" :huh:

"The Bottle Dance."-Mr.Pieron,Peiron or Peirron "Excuse me." :huh:

"It's the samething over and over again!"-Mr. Curtis Willis :lol:

"Yes, We are going to The SuperDome!"-Mr. Curtis Willis ^OO^

Terrance

Edited by WordRider

all from doug:

"Baris, when I said 'play that louder' I didn't mean straighten the b#### out!"

"Don't make me use the F word."

"Daryl... I can close my eyes and follow you around the field"

[bOOM!] (fireworks test 100 yards from rehearsal) "There! This impact needs to be THAT LOUD!"

"meow"

"sops, can I get you a saucer of warm milk?"

"you don't think it's too subtle, do you?" (doug to a visual guy after the horns ran through the end of the 2000 intro that eventually drowned out the battery)

"... Little Boy's mom's here?"

from other people:

"If you don't come back, we'll burn your house down." mackinnon to us at the end of a camp

"so in short, you don't touch ANYBODY ON RETREAT!" Bill to all the horns the day after I hit scott koter on retreat.

"Hi John, this is Bill Hamilton from the Bluecoats. Today is Friday, the second of August and we need a favor, as we often do, and I was wondering if you could....... static.........static.........static............................................

...static....................................static.................... ......... more static........static.................. before 2:00 on saturday." A fairly cryptic voice mail I received from Bill. Bill if you're lurking, I have a recording of it. Also if you're lurking, sorry I hit Scott Koter on retreat.

[voice steadily rising from about mp to louder than humanly possible] "I can't belive that we were beaten on the field by pioneer last night and we're ONLY TEN ####### MINUTES EARLY!!!!!" Soules from the center of the circle in the morning. I was there about 15 minutes before that and he wasn't saying much. I don't recall if he was wearing the combat helmet or not.

"It's no big deal man. Just remember... 10 and 2, stay between your thumbs." Oswald advising us on the proper dwi technique.

"Why isn't the field done?" 2001 DM

"my name is dave, [clap clap] I say things twice. [clap clap] my name is dave, [clap clap] I say things twice. [clap clap]" guard singing

That's all for now....

OK one more...

"Ethan, if you miss that hornmove one more time you're gonna strip down naked and run backwards through that cornfield" ... or something to that effect. Brian Soules in dekalb.

Edited by John Schmitt