Drum Corps Quotes - A little fun

Pit Kid: "You know the only reason you're not using A and B is because you didn't think of it first"

Pit Tech: "You know the only reason you're still in this ensemble is because I wasn't here in January to cut you." (Wasn't with us until May)

"Dynamics are for stupid people"

"They're from Tennessee. If you're loud and shiny they'll like it."

"My chops are tired!"

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You need to run back to your set like you're on the mf-ing Price is Right!"

Now, if some smart ### tuba was quick on the draw, that would have been the perfect moment for the loser's theme from Price is Right. ^0^

from the mouth of Bill Solari: Keith your drumline sounds like sneakers in a dryer.

:lolhit:

I dunno why but that's pretty funny.

Thom Hannum during drill:

"Mike Caruso...your feet are slow. You are infecting the ensemble."

"Drumline, you either do it, or you take it in the can."

"Contras...whoa. That ain't it man."

when a member expressed concern about how to get to his dot - "Figure it out. RESET!!!"

OH YEAH! I almost forgot. One of my personal favorites!

Straight from the mouth of Brian Soules our visual caption head in '98 after taking circle drill up past 200BPM.

"It's not fast. It's just lighter and brighter."

(I haven't read pages 2-11, so I apologize if someone got this one, but I doubt it)

Battery staff guy with the mic: Can you guys do the thing we talked about earlier with the stuff? You know what I'm talkin' 'bout? The stuff we talked about, you know what I'm sayin'? [moments of silence and confusion, then Dr. Beat at 164bpm] SNARES! Why aren't you set?!

:-p

Pretty much anything that comes from April Gilligan's mouth whilst teaching guard. Laugh out loud moments every time! b**bs

April says some funny stuff, but I don't think she is even on the same level as Marc Sylvester.

"Think of playing your horn and using your air like you're taking a $hi t; just let it goooooo"

"Look at this set now and remember what it looks like. You should know this set so well that 30 years from now you're gonna have nightmares about it and you will wake up in the middle of the night and punch your wife in the face because you saw set 130."

"That set looks like grandma's teeth."

"Ooooo got some red in there that looks yummy" (as somebody was barfing on the sideline)