Drum Corps Quotes - A little fun

Cap Sound Rehearsal in early 2000's

from Tower over pa....

"DRUMLIIIINNNNE!.............that sounded like two skeletons f***ing on a tin roof........"

rehearsal over

b**bs

HA HA HA!!!!! Too funny!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"PINK THING!" - our brass caption head telling us to point our bells to the focal point, or at our spring training facility, a huge pink piece of cardboard.

(sung)"This is taking ... for - eeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeer!"

Also, "This is taking.... ti-waaaaaaani!" (For Team Japan)

"You think you know ... but you don't."

"Come on now. Sell them tripets."

"COME ON BASS DRUMS PUSH IT!"

"You ... you guys are a TALL band! You, you look like ya'lls could be a college band."

"I really like your pretty slashes."

"Your phasing seems to be a little off."

"Uh ... uh oh. Oh no. Oh..oh...oh good. I thought you wouldn't be able to hear the flute solo."

"Ya'll got some strong tubas."

"Ah yeah, I'm Doyle Gamle from Lubbock, *gives phone number* And I'm glad to be judging you tonight. *shuts off recorder* Ah, yeah well, I'm not sure If I gave you my name but I'll do it again anyways, I'm Doyle Gamle from Lubbock *gives phone number* ..."

- a judges tape from one of our tech's band. Actually, I think it was a friend of his's band's tape. It was HILARIOUS. The judge was Doyle Gamle, and wow, would I really like to meet this idiot.

"You guys get to this set in the opener and the judges are just going to go *makes kude gestures*" - our 06 bari tech

hahahahaha

"I'm watching you (person). I got you on my cell phone, digital camera, laptop......(pauses).......I got you on my iPod (person)!!!!

"You're a monster dude. You see that tree over there? Before spring training is over, I want you to go eat that tree."

[Part of] our horn block chant while running together in the mornings (SCV '89):

"We're Vanguard horns, we know no fear,

we #### in Don Pesceone's beer

We wipe our ###, with broken glass,

we're mean mother ####ers!

We hold our horns, erect and proud,

and when we're on the field, we play ####in' LOUD!"

:) Good times, good times

Time for TALES OF BRAZALE!!! (drags a smoke) *echo* *echo* *echo* (drags a smoke)

I - BRAZALE THINKS THE CONTRAS ARE "SPECIAL"

Phantom contras are considered the Rodney Dangerfield of the corps - "NO RESPECT!". The attitude even bled into the first part of 89. We were at base camp getting things ready for first tour. We were on break before we did visual rehearsal. One of the snares realized that they had left their drill book in the gym. So he leaps over a fence and nearly stumbles on his face as he runs back. Meanwhile Johnny Sanchez, the Visual Caption Head, and John Brazale, the Drill Writer, were in the box.

They didn't realize that the mic was on.

Sanchez (watching the snare drummer) - Who the :sshh: was that?

Brazale - (drags a smoke)Oh probably one of those :sshh: ######## contras.

Sanchez - (points at mic realizing its on and the entire corps has heard it)

Brazale - (drags a smoke) Aw :sshh:!

As if on cue, all ten of us contras started walking and talking like we were "special".

II THE SHOW CONCEPT

Fast forward to 1990. It's Regiment's turn to use the NIU Stadium before DCM and John Brazale is not happy. Bacchanale is flat. He gets on the mic and starts to rant.

Brazale - Ok ok ok shut up! (drags a smoke) Thank you. Now...SHUT THE :sshh: UP! (drags a smoke). What the :sshh: is wrong? You people are just going through the motions here! (drags a smoke) This ending is supposed to be getting the audience off their :sshh: feet and you people are playing it flatter than my :sshh: prom date! (drags a smoke) This part of the show is supposed to be the orgy scene from Sampson and Deliah and you people are playing it like a god :sshh: tea party social! (drags a smoke) (drags a smoke) Now can someone tell me what the :sshh: this piece and drill is supposed to be about? Well? (drags a smoke) Give me an answer.

Every person in the corps is transfixed in complete fear of Brazale (not a surprise that Brazale's main job was with the IRS) and exhaustion. There is absolute silence, except when I pipe up.

Opus (corps nick name) - Sex?

Brazale (throws down smoke and laughs) - THANK YOU! (to Johnny Sanchez) At least one person in this sea of virgins gets it!

Bob! Bob! You speak idiot! Get over there, tell the contras to get off the :sshh: short bus and march!

- John Brazale

Edited by SpookyKid

I saw ben potts mentioned earlier... so i'll add:

"You look like you are stealing something! You like like you're stealing cookies from the pantry... with bad technique" Commenting on marching from an individual

"OK now go!... CUT! Tubas... 50yard line... OK GO!.. CUT! Tubas the 50... OK NOW GO!... CUT! TUBAS... horns 2inches to your left... YEAH that's the 50... NOW GO!"

Don Lawrence:

"You're not running fast enough" while on a PA system in the football stadium

Steven Jones:

"You need to rehearse this like you are going to perform it in Boston. If any of you decide to be heros and ruin the tape, i will come to your houses and kill you... is that understood?"

... The low brass was behind him on the field and didn't hear him. He turns to them and says:

"If you ruin my recording i will come to your house and stomp your throats!"

and just random ones that every staff member or tech can be heard saying:

"You've gotta be kidding me..."

"Let's simulate show conditions..."