1992 The Cadets - To Tame the Perilous Skies

Frankly, in my opinion, it's because you state YOUR opinions in such absolute terms that it ticks some people off, especially when they see that you didn't march (for example: "Cadets 1991 is one of the best shows ever!")

OK, thanks actually for notifying me of this.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one more day, and i bet they would have won.

How Many times have we heard that!

I remember seeing both Cadets and Crossmen at a DCE show in mid June that year. Crossmen went on before Cadets and torn the house down, the crowd went crazy for that drum line.

Then Cadets came out, did their show and got a nice golf clap response. At the end of the night Cadets beat Xmen by a point or so, but you could see were that show was going. They had a heck of a last 2 weeks, that is something they always do, but 92 was all about the Cavies.

HMMM...Bones 92! drool....Thurston good.

Talk about emotion, they killed it finals night. (In a good way)

agreed Mark Thurston's drumline in the 90's and 92 bones is the best.

Loved the Cadet's show in 92 what a guard.

Good-looking female drum major...

As loathsome as Star's show concept was, I thought they were better than Cadets on the night.

Loathsome? :grouphug:

Loathsome? :grouphug:

simplistic and "cheesy" (though i think it was much more effectively done than any other "patriotic" show ever, especially their incredible ballad) or not, any medium that allowed star of indiana to play that music and sound that #### good for 12 minutes is perfectly fine with me.

i love 1992.

simplistic and "cheesy" (though i think it was much more effectively done than any other "patriotic" show ever, especially their incredible ballad) or not, any medium that allowed star of indiana to play that music and sound that #### good for 12 minutes is perfectly fine with me.

i love 1992.

I'm just curious. How would a corps do a patriotic show without it being considered by many to be cheesy or pandering to judges?

I'm just curious. How would a corps do a patriotic show without it being considered by many to be cheesy or pandering to judges?

im sure they probably couldnt, especially in modern times what with G.E. being such a powerful influence in show design and judges sheets.

if corps cant just play music now and have cool drill and have the potentiality to be a successful show score-wise without so much G.E. involved in the programming, then i dont have faith that it could be attempted with patriotic music. no corps would just play the tunes and not have gimmicky moments in the show that would be considered "cheesy" by some.

im also curious.....why is the word "afraid" in that quote in your signature? i dont understand what point that's supposed to make or what truth that's based upon. always wondered that, since i first saw it.

Edited by Jared_mello

im sure they probably couldnt, especially in modern times what with G.E. being such a powerful influence in show design and judges sheets.

if corps cant just play music now and have cool drill and have the potentiality to be a successful show score-wise without so much G.E. involved in the programming, then i dont have faith that it could be attempted with patriotic music. no corps would just play the tunes and not have gimmicky moments in the show that would be considered "cheesy" by some.

im also curious.....why is the word "afraid" in that quote in your signature? i dont understand what point that's supposed to make or what truth that's based upon. always wondered that, since i first saw it.

Its more in response to Sam (whitedawn) when he had "Why are Republicans afraid of Al Gore?" in his signature. I do not think Democrats are afraid of Fox News, but moreso obsessed with talking about it as an "evil right-wing propaganda machine", much like Al Gore has been a hot topic/obsession with those on the right.

oh ok, thanks for clarifying.

There is always somebody that will complain about certain shows being 'cheesy' or 'playing to the Judges' or 'kissing up to Disney' or something along those lines. I haven't found any of the arguments to be very compelling, though.