What Happened to Capital Regiment?

Thank you Bryan. I had no idea that Mark had stepped down. Im glad that we could get a historical point instead of just what happened to us this summer.

thank you bryan...i hope the best for the future...but as long as rick is in "power" ... i cant say that i would support anyones decision to connnect with the organization

I think this is really sad and disappointing. CR had/has (and I beleive still has) so much potential. They are such a young Corps - by far the youngest Divison One Corps. I am choosing to believe that this year will hurt in the short term, but will help greatly in the long term.

However, I wanted to share something positive that I thought about on the train going into work today.

The kids of CR deserve HUGE RESPECT for performing so well in 2006. Their show was fun, accesible, well performed, and high energy. Given all the problems that were happening off the field, one would never know it from how the performed on the field. I know many people were completely shocked by some of the stories they heard after the summer ended - this is a testament to the determination, courage, and dedication of CR 2006.

I think we should all remember CR 2006 for their hard work, that awesome frisbee catch, and the high level of competition they brought to the activity.

Uh....screw president...bryan tracht for emporer of the world!!!!!

Bryan Tracht for "Director of Capital Regiment"! :)

Thanks for sharing this with us, Bryan :unsure:

I think this is really sad and disappointing. CR had/has (and I beleive still has) so much potential. They are such a young Corps - by far the youngest Divison One Corps. I am choosing to believe that this year will hurt in the short term, but will help greatly in the long term.

However, I wanted to share something positive that I thought about on the train going into work today.

The kids of CR deserve HUGE RESPECT for performing so well in 2006. Their show was fun, accesible, well performed, and high energy. Given all the problems that were happening off the field, one would never know it from how the performed on the field. I know many people were completely shocked by some of the stories they heard after the summer ended - this is a testament to the determination, courage, and dedication of CR 2006.

I think we should all remember CR 2006 for their hard work, that awesome frisbee catch, and the high level of competition they brought to the activity.

Couldn't have said it better.

HEAR, HEAR!! :unsure::lol::lol:

These were a great bunch of young men and women. As I said earlier, they persevered and most of the time kept a pretty good sense of humor about things. Plus, not a single member quit during the season!

The young men and women who do drum corps are a special breed. They are what make this junior drum corps thing so unique. Where else will find more hard working, team players who work to be the best they can be as individuals and as part of the group? Gota love em! If you don’t, you shouldn’t be working with them! It really stirs my ire when I hear that a drum corps director says he doesn’t like a group of kids. Ugh!!!

Drum corps is always a character building experience. Some experiences are more character building than others. I hope all 2006 Capital Regiment members look upon their accomplishments both on and off the field with extreme pride.

Edited by btracht

whats that bryan, did i hear B-dubs for everyone somewhere in that post? lol B)

Sounds like a plan! My wife is out of town tonight so all 2006 Capital Regiment members meet at my house at 7:00 and I will treat you to some serious B-dubs! This will make up for the fact that Mark and I treated the staff to B-dubs this summer but not the members. I will call Mark and see if he can make it up from Florida for the party!