Legal 1990's DCA CD's

:satisfied:

IIRC, Charlie had a bigger library than what is listed on his website..

Dave, you might want to send him a note to inquire about 1990..I remember him having a bunch of other years..Unless he isn't making new copies..

Pat

he does. i order periodically

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1965???

LoL

I knew there was some reason I liked you Jeff... quick too!

Ironically, 1965 was my favorite year in drum corps and I did NOT attend or participate in the DCA Championship I in CT.

However, the Rochester Crusaders that year were an amazing powerhouse... Crusader's first DCA was 1967... However, a twist of fate had me back with Brigadiers for their first DCA Championship in Bridgeport 1966...

Anyway, Jeff's point is valid... there's a lot of wonderful stuff out there that pre-dates the 90's...

And Tom, if you remember...1990 was an amazing year...your first as the corps director of the Crusaders.

i believe DCA finally dove into cd's in 96 with the top 6. the best place to look would be http://www.digitalcds.com/

OK, Charlies got a DCA gap from 1990-2002. See he changed the site around since the last time I ordered. What the heck am I missing or is there another site for those years?

And I checked and for some wierd ###ed reason I have a cassette of 1998 Eastern Regionals at Scranton and not DCA. Five corps and Mighty St Joes are on it. That was also the last time I got an order form from anyone. I wasn't going to shows then, I'd get an order form once a year and I'd mail a check. Can't remember what, if anything, was mailed about 1998. Thinking legal issues on recording but can't remember.

OK, Charlies got a DCA gap from 1990-2002. See he changed the site around since the last time I ordered. What the heck am I missing or is there another site for those years?

And I checked and for some wierd ###ed reason I have a cassette of 1998 Eastern Regionals at Scranton and not DCA. Five corps and Mighty St Joes are on it. That was also the last time I got an order form from anyone. I wasn't going to shows then, I'd get an order form once a year and I'd mail a check. Can't remember what, if anything, was mailed about 1998. Thinking legal issues on recording but can't remember.

There are 1998 and 1999 CDs available. In fact, I bought the '98s at the DCI kiosk during the DCM championships back in '99.

You might want to try contacting Charlie directly.

eh, 1990 was ok :P

'90 was awesome with the exception of the wrong drumline winning the caption. Fourth, my ###. <**> But I digress... :P

Edited by WSbassdrum9091

I actually have video of 1990 DCA finals, complete with the uncensored version of retreat.

Personal or professional DVD? I would move mountains to get a DVD version of '90 and '91.

'90 was awesome with the exception of the wrong drumline winning the caption. Fourth, my ###. <**> But I digress... :P

I would agree that you deserved much better than 4th but sorry you don't beat the champ (4 years running) unless you knock them out and you wern't close to doing that.

There are 1998 and 1999 CDs available. In fact, I bought the '98s at the DCI kiosk during the DCM championships back in '99.

You might want to try contacting Charlie directly.

Buying DCA CDs at the DCI kiosk during DCM Championships. :music:

Someone didn't get the memo that DCA didn't exist (in DCI eyes) during the 90s. :P :P :P (I know DCM was combined bit couldn't resist. ^0^ )

Few brain cells kicked in last night and think DCA changed recording companies in 1998 and that's why the "old" company didn't record DCA and did Easern Regional instead. Must have been a nasty change over as I never received any order after that. IOW - possibly old company didn't turn over the mailing list.

And as background I received DCA Champs order forms in the mail from 1977 to 1997. Off hand there was at least three companies involved during that time, but might have been just a name change once or so.

I'm working my way up to the 90s converting my original vinyl/cassettes to CD. I'm currently at 1970-1984 inclusive on CD.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari