Academy

Wrong.

No, you're wrong.

The judges are ranking and rating the shows they witness THAT NIGHT. Even if they're the same judging panel, they're not comparing shows from two different nights so the scores cannot be compared.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think that's bad? Wait until you have a season in D-I under the belt. There's some out there who will bash you for having any degree of success. Sad but true.

Unfortunately so....however, the Academy kids I have met can take it..it;s part of competition, and it'll actually make them a better corps.

if everyones just gunna sit here and 1) argue the past 2) argue something already argued and 3) and this goes for everyone, CONTINUE to egg on the argument by rebutal, then i vote they close this thread.

Rebutal only feeds the fire. Im sure we ALL know whats really up, and even if some dont know what to think, who really fricken cares. honestly. Grow up, get over it, move on, and most importantly...

ENJOY THE ACTIVITY! The only people who should be concerned about the competition aspect is the judges, and MAYBE the corps admin. Were the sport of the arts, and art is meant to be enjoyed. Who cares about a some number/a couple peoples opinions on a sheet of paper....and if thats all you care about, maybe you forgot what this is all about.

peace.

Alrighty, I've refrained but I just can't help it anymore. Has ECJ ever beat us in head-to-head competition? No. Did you guys even get to preform after us at Prelims like you were technically supposed to BECAUSE of the Great Lakes Open show? No. Academy is STILL undefeated according to DCI, but call it whatever you want, and tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep better at night and feel better about your season.

Academycg gal, it was obviously TSRTS13 intent to stir up trouble. Don't give him the attention he's looking for. However, posing as an Academy member isn't helping. I know The Academy strictly forbids members from posting on public forums, please think before creating an account like you have. It's a shame TSRTS13 is representing ECJ the way he has been, don't do the same to Academy.

This thread should be closed.

I'm sure these are all qualities that represent your former corps well.

ECJ and their memory deserve better than you representing them.

Ad hominem. And if the reputation that I'm spreading for ECJ is one of members who don't take themselves too seriously in online message boards regarding a single show that doesn't really matter in the long run, then yes, that does represent my corps well.

Alrighty, I've refrained but I just can't help it anymore. Has ECJ ever beat us in head-to-head competition? No. Did you guys even get to preform after us at Prelims like you were technically supposed to BECAUSE of the Great Lakes Open show? No. Academy is STILL undefeated according to DCI, but call it whatever you want, and tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep better at night and feel better about your season.

I actually never really sleep that well at night, but I'm sure this reassurance will help me a little bit. Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and regarding the Prelims performance position thing. We knew going in we weren't going to be going on last because the order was determined by the average of the score at the GLO show and each corps' next highest score that season. I didn't really think it was fair at the time, but who really cares?

Mods: Please don't shut down this thread. I'm enjoying it too much.

Edited by TSRTS13

Also I'm pretty sure that DCI made a tabulation error of about 5 points at finals and ECJ actually won with a score of 100.075. Some may doubt this conspiracy's validity, but those people are communists/terrorist-lovers/members of a generic group of historic scapegoats.

Edited by TSRTS13

It'll stay open, but only if people actually have "fun" that doesn't involve stirring up a fire that that shouldn't exist at all, or one that at least should have burnt out many hours ago. Here, I'll try to get the "fun" going again by restating the original message of this thread, and giving my own commentary on that message:

How about Academy's move to Div I? I wish them nothing but the best of luck, and I'm sure they'll do very well.