Early 2007 Predictions

Colts aren't fielding a corps this year?

yeah dont you remember they got mad because they didnt make finals. Now they went to broadway....

Edited by dcf06

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

madison had bad audition canp

lost all staff from 2006.

Blue stars I had in 16th. they will need a better show to move than 2006 to move up.

Glassmen getting madisons brass staff from 2006.

but there weakness was drill ?could be too high.

I will try again.

1-BD

2-Phantom

3-SCV

4-Cavies

5-Bluecoats

6-Crown

7-Cadets

8-Blue Knights

9-Crossmen

10-Glassmen

11-Boston

12-Madison

13-spirit

14-colts

15 blue stars

16- troopers

17-Southwind

Cadets really had a bad audition camp.

there web and yea mailings are all about getting members.

I moved them down for now.

Cadets really had a bad audition camp.

there web and yea mailings are all about getting members.

I moved them down for now.

Vets haven't been to any camp yet.....so there may be a better number of people than you think ^_^ guess we'll see together.....i'm anxious to get back! b**bs

Ok. Here we go.

And remember- I'm really, really biased. :)

1. Phantom Regiment- Pains me to say it, but I think this could be the year. Never been a Regiment fan, but they've got the talent and the staff. Now it's just a matter of being better than everyone else at the same time.

2. Bluecoats- Gonna be a fight for the top, but having seen the talent pool and what staff members are coming back, I'd be genuinely shocked if they placed lower than third.

3. Blue Devils- The Godfather was a great step in a great direction. I'm hoping BD will be consistently on its way back up after the tiny 05 slip.

4. Cavaliers- With their staff, I can't see them slipping below 4th. Always talented, always great design.

5. SCV- BOUT TIME! If 06 was any indication, SCV is back to their innovative show design a la 99-00.

6. Cadets/Crown tie- Cadets need to recover atfer 06. Crown will keep rising up.

8. Blue Knights- 06 was the first BK show ever to really grab me. I'm hoping they'll step it up in 07

9. Glassmen- Almost always a solid corps. Should be dependable to make the top 10.

10. Spitit- Love the jazzy shows they've been putting out recently.

11. Colts- They've been clawing their way back to finals, hopefully 07 will be it.

12. Crossmen- Sneaking back into finals. Can't wait to see them back in 01-02 form!

13. Madison- Almost there, but just too much competition.

14. Boston- After what their design staff put out in 06, I'd imagine it would be tough to draw new talent this year.

15. Blue Stars- Grat showing in 06. Some more talent in 07 will bring them even closer to finals

For shins and grits, here's mine... as painful as it is to try to guess at where these corps will end up... so much amazing talent, so many unpredictable productions.. the only comfortable prediction I have is that it will be the strongest semifinals field in years... even moreso than last year.

~~~

10 Glassmen (Another nice, good show... just not enough oomph to push higher)

11. Spirit (Improved talent, but show design isn't quite sophisticated enough to place higher)

12. Colts (Enough knocking on the door already... a nice, clean, albeit safe, show makes it happen)

13. Madison (Negative organizational momentum and a new staff might mean a step backwards to make future steps forward a possibility)

~~~

Again, these aren't a slight to anyone marching or the corps themselves... just my guesses. Nobody knows how things will really shake out.

It's interesting that you know that Spirit's show design isn't sophisticated enough when the show hasn't even been announced. Can you tell those of us who were at the audition camp something we don't know?

1 BD

2 Phantom

3 SCV

4 Cavaliers

5 Bluecoats

6 Glassmen

7 Cadets

8 Spirit

9 Crossmen

10 Blue Knights

11 Blue Stars

12 Crown

13 Acadamy

14 Colts

15 Boston

16 Madison

17 Mandarin

18 Pioneer

19 Troopers

20 Pacific Crest

21 Southwind

22 Cascades

No others will field this season

Let's come back down to earth here. Crown in 12th? Glassmen in 6th? Cadets in 7th? Boston 15th?

I am so glad you know all and see all without having any idea what anyone sounds like, or looks like.

I can see Cadets in 7th actually. Crown/SCV were hot last year and IMHO should have challenged or even passed up the Caders. As far as Crown being in 12th, that's just absurd. I don't see Crown any lower than 7th, hopefully 5th or 6th.

Oh I just noticed this...Pioneer over Southwind???

Edited by dciguy01

Let's come back down to earth here. Crown in 12th? Glassmen in 6th? Cadets in 7th? Boston 15th?

I am so glad you know all and see all without having any idea what anyone sounds like, or looks like.

inclined to agree.

while I'd love to see Glassmen move up, I don't know if 6th is very... reasonable yet.

8th or 9th would be nice though.

and Crown won't be in 12th. I promise.

~>conner

Vets haven't been to any camp yet.....so there may be a better number of people than you think ^_^ guess we'll see together.....i'm anxious to get back! b**bs

Cadets usually only have a handfull of vets . people go there to age out.

maybe 20 or so.

dont be surprised if there is 40 brass there.