Top 12 2017

Let's be real. Drum corps will be around in ten years. All you doomsday folks are just flat wrong. I do however think DCI will be a lot smaller in 2017 and it will look a lot different.

Since drum corps is a rich get richer activity, I find it totally realistic that by 2017, there may not be 12 corps left. Let's name the corps that will never fold.

The Cavaliers

The Blue Devils

The Phantom Regiment

The Cadets

The Santa Clara Vanguard

The Madison Scouts

The Glassmen

The Bluecoats

They will never fold because DCI would not allow them to fold. Losing one of these corps would be considered a loss to the activity instead of the pity party that happens when a non-top 8 corps folds.

These are my finalist corps in 2017.

Since this is totally fantasy, this is what I'd like to see in 2017

1) SCV

2) BD

3) Bluecoats

4) Scouts

5) Southwind

6) Colts

7) Blue Knights

8) Blue Stars

9) Troopers

10) Pioneer

11) Cavaliers

12) Glassmen

RIP glassmen \^/
  • Like 2

RIP glassmen \^/

They'll be fine. DCI will never let them fold.

• Like 3

I also liked the "Blue Stars and Academy aren't making finals anytime soon. They'll be lucky if they exist in 10 years" remark.

• Like 1

Astounding how many people just flat out left Crown off their lists 10 years ago.

To be fair, Crown was coming off In-Trance-It, and before that it was Angelus, which are arguably their only not loved shows since their return to Finals. Triple Crown's when things started picking up for them. When this thread was started, they were really just that corps that played Bohemian Rhapsody two years ago.

Astounding how many people just flat out left Crown off their lists 10 years ago.

Ya, thats pure bleachbit !

Crown had made finals 11 of the 12 years leading up to this thread yet still wasn't in people's lists?!

In 2007, I would not have predicted Crown to fall from finals any time soon, though I am sure I would have not have predicted 2nd in 2009, 2012, or 2015, a 3rd in 2016, and a1st in 2013 either.