Top 12 2017

Does anybody else enjoy the irony of the doom and gloom scenario coming from someone (who was subsequently banned) with a screen name taken from a work that was the basis for a gold medal winning show 6 years later?

Yeah I caught that too. I wonder if that was a screen name change after the fact though.

7th, no exposure to the activity yet in any way.

I was going into my junior year of high school. I was 16, and had just gotten my permit. Went to Drums Across the Bluegrass at Tates Creek High School in Lexington, KY. It was my first live corps show since 2003. My first taste of that buttery Carolina Crown brass. Been sold ever since. I do remember the Cadets (my favorite back then) show being completely different then. They had a reset section in their 2nd movement. One of my favorite moments of that show, and it got removed by finals.

Edited by UKSuperman

The Teal Sound prediction makes me laugh and sad at the same time. Amazing what would of happened if this thread was done after the 2007 season.

• Like 1

In 2007, I was already into my 30th+ year of drum corps exposure.

My first drum corps memory was watching a standstill performance by the Erie Thunderbirds at some sort of promotional celebration in the Eastway Plaza parking lot in the early 70s. First DCI experience was a show in either Warren, PA or Jamestown, NY, a couple/few years later, with the highlight being the Bridgemen in their yellow coats and doing something that involved a machine gun prop.

Indeed I am. 17 years old, about to enter my senior year of high school

We should audition at the same places and start a blog lol