YEA Management Changes

Bye, Hoppy.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it say he will not be director of The Cadets?
George Hopkins will continue in the role of Chief Executive Officer for the next nine to twelve months ensuring a smooth transition and supporting the new Executive Director in his role

At least for the next nine to twelve months....

I'm surprised there aren't more involved in this dicussion then in the other thread about the name change...

Edited by Lancerlady

"George Hopkins will continue in the role of Chief Executive Officer for the next nine to twelve months ensuring a smooth transition and supporting the new Executive Director in his role, while at the same time assuming the responsibilities of the Director of Education and Programs. This change, away from administration, will allow Hopkins to commit his time to the world of education, including the Cadets, the US Scholastic Band Association [uSSBA], and various clinics and workshops such as the ever growing "Music is Cool" events."

I think GH just won't be running YEA! so he can focus on the Cadets and drum corps more. If you have read his blog over the year, he has mentioned many times that he loves what he does with the Cadets but did not have the time to fully be involved because of his role with YEA!

Now he will be Director of Education and will probably push what he believes the future will be in the band and drum corps activity.

So he is far from gone...

He will still be director of the Cadets. This article is about YEA!. He is giving the CEO Job to someone else so he can focus more on the Cadets.

Some of things people have said so far in this thread are absolutely stupid. I think people actually believe that George Hopkins is single handedly ruining the world. Good Lord...

I think this will be a great move for George, and think that he is probably the one that masterminded it. In no way do i see this as a demotion at all. Being on the creative end has always been his forte, and he hasn't had as much time to devote to this aspect in the past several years.

I do know that he and Sean are very close and work very well together. Sean is a good guy and will do great things for the organization!

I am disturbed by the tone of some of the posts here...it almost sounds like there are those who wish ill for George. George wants to take DC into an area a lot of us may not like; but he has done nothing wrong either legally, ethically, or morally do deserve any insinuations that something bad should happen to him.

We need to be able to disagree (even strongly at times); but let's temper our responses and limit them to the philosophical, not the personal. Thanks.