Madison Scouts 2007

I'm curious - how do you know that???

Average age of 16 does seem awfully young, doesn't it?

I would expect an average like that maybe from Pioneer or Southwind, but not from Madison. Seems a little fishy...

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average age of 16 does seem awfully young, doesn't it?

I would expect an average like that maybe from Pioneer or Southwind, but not from Madison. Seems a little fishy...

That simply is not true. The MINIMUM age required is 16.

That simply is not true. The MINIMUM age required is 16.

I would guess the average age to be between 18 and 19 years old. Madison has been known to have an average age between 19 and 20 FOREVER, so this is a drastic change. The guys mostly have Scouts years, or years with other drum corps. Many guys hail from Magic, Southwind, Capital Sound, and others so they do have experience in drum corps, just not the Madison Scouts. There are quite a few rookies, but that is to be expected with the turnover in the past 5 years. Madison is so used to an 80% return rate of people eligible to return. I do not think those numbers have been matched since Scott left the organization, but I could be wrong.

BT

What is so wrong with saying the other reason corps a is corps b is because b is having a very off year. It's true, Madison isn't having the year of their life and I think the members of SW know that. Is it still fun to say you've beat/beating Madison yeah I'm sure it is...but in the back of their minds I'm sure they know it's mostly because of Madison not SW.

**No harm to SW**

No harm, and yet you are trying to negate the accomplishment. How many people marching Madison this year left their "lesser" corps from years previous?

Add as many footnotes to the facts as you want, the fact still remains that SW beat Madison. And as someone who looks at Madison as the White Sox to my Cubs, I'm ecstatic that Troop beat Madison head-to-head tonight.

I bought two Scouts license plate frames at the alumni picnic last weekend.

One is proudly displayed on my car and the other will be on my daughter's truck that she will be taking to school with her in California this fall.

My daughter also wears our old Scouts t-shirts everywhere! We used to have one of the mushroom hunter guy, but we can't find it. She would love that one!

GO SCOUTS!

RF...I assume you will be in Indy? Let me know....

These kids have a lot of guts....it will certainly pay off down the road....now, if you would just change the guard uniforms....and maybe add a "Scout-like" ending to the show....

<edited to remove quoted text> MS

No harm, and yet you are trying to negate the accomplishment. How many people marching Madison this year left their "lesser" corps from years previous?

Add as many footnotes to the facts as you want, the fact still remains that SW beat Madison. And as someone who looks at Madison as the White Sox to my Cubs, I'm ecstatic that Troop beat Madison head-to-head tonight.

Not tonight however.....and probably not for the rest of the season. I love the Troop....but the Scouts have much more room to improve...and I still think they make the top 17 before it's over....I am guessing 15th or 16th at the worst....which still pains me....but there will be better days from both of these guys.

<edited to remove quoted text> MS

Hey, RF, it's Bobbing Temples!

I'm with you Bro! What's with these nameless, faceless alum's? I tire of these so called expert fly-on-the-wall types! If they TRULY new even half of the truth about the issues surrounding Sal and the almighty, god like, Marty Redman there'd be enough CROW EAT'N to last a life time!! But no, just keep hurling all the unfounded BULL regarding the BOD and aforementioned individuals for all the world to read as fact. C'mon, I'd kind of expect this kind of thing from an ignorant fool, but an alum?? What's with all the venom and hate? What happened to all the positive life credos we learned as Scouts? Where's the positive vibes towards the current Organization and Scouts?

I'm out!

Bobbing Temples

Scouts 75-81

MSARP 06

someone who looks at Madison as the White Sox to my Cubs

you caaan putemonthefieeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllld.....eeYEEEESSS