Mankato

Because the last time I checked no one on this forum was named POLLYANNA! :P

:doh: oh come on... he's not being a Pollyanna...

or maybe that's not what you're saying... I see the emoticon.

but Danny still makes a good point even if he IS.

Edited by GGarrett

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the last time I checked no one on this forum was named POLLYANNA! :P

I dont care what anyone's name is, I just want you all to stop being detrimental to drum corps. :doh:

Love your show.

Love your suit.

Lovie Smith.

Barney.gif

NO MORE PUNS!!!

(Robot Chicken reference)

what was the crowds reaction when scores were announced?

The crowd clapped politely, but there was no booing that I heard. The crowd at Mankato is really low-key--lots of locals there to support the city's macrhing band, but not a ton of die-hard drum corps fans. There will be booing on Sunday night at Drum Beauty in Stillwater, Minn., where the Scouts are the crowd favorite and where the people seem to be more into the activity.

The Scouts did the encore, including a hefty-sounding Ice Castles, and the crowd was very enthusiastic about it. Although the crowd was polite during the scores, many people near me were grousing on the way to their cars. Honestly, as a longtime drum corps fan and alumnus, I thought the Scouts were better than Southwind, but not Pacific Crest or Spirit.

One other thing to note about tonight's Scouts performance: They were marching with a lot of holes. I talked to tour director Corey Smith afterward, and he said it was because they had made so many changes to the drill that new members who learned the new drill but were still struggling with the original drill and how it was modified were held out of the show. There were a *lot* of guys tripping over each others' feet during the show. The drill was really dirty.

Way to go Santa Clara!

Way to go Pacific Crest!

The crowd clapped politely, but there was no booing that I heard. The crowd at Mankato is really low-key--lots of locals there to support the city's macrhing band, but not a ton of die-hard drum corps fans. There will be booing on Sunday night at Drum Beauty in Stillwater, Minn., where the Scouts are the crowd favorite and where the people seem to be more into the activity.

The Scouts did the encore, including a hefty-sounding Ice Castles, and the crowd was very enthusiastic about it. Although the crowd was polite during the scores, many people near me were grousing on the way to their cars. Honestly, as a longtime drum corps fan and alumnus, I thought the Scouts were better than Southwind, but not Pacific Crest or Spirit.

One other thing to note about tonight's Scouts performance: They were marching with a lot of holes. I talked to tour director Corey Smith afterward, and he said it was because they had made so many changes to the drill that new members who learned the new drill but were still struggling with the original drill and how it was modified were held out of the show. There were a *lot* of guys tripping over each others' feet during the show. The drill was really dirty.

Nice article in the paper the other day Randy!

Elmo Blatch

I was at the show, and it was very good overall.

And SCV is going to give some corps a run for their money, MAN they were good!

Madison came out looking so determined, but they just couldn't impress the judges. The crowd gave them plenty of love though and the Scouts performed the encore, which rocked. I don't know what the deal is. I actually liked the concept of their show. It looked dirty, but I personally liked it better than Southwind's show. I guess that's why I was sitting in the audience and not judging.

The biggest surprise for me was Pacific Crest. Those kids had a LOT of energy. Fun show.

When Spirit came out, they definitely took it up a notch. They had some beautiful drill. There was a part where the whole corps marched to the corner of the field while the guard filled the rest of the field with large blue flags. Very cool. Their brass was big and bright.

There is going to be a logjam at 8-12 for finals.

Hey Randy, I really liked the article in the Star Trib., however were you aware that on Friday when the article was posted online that it said the Mankato show was on Friday? I left you a voicemail Friday evening.

Hey Randy, I really liked the article in the Star Trib., however were you aware that on Friday when the article was posted online that it said the Mankato show was on Friday? I left you a voicemail Friday evening.

Thanks. That's a problem for the Strib online department when they post a story the day before it appears in the paper but don't change the wording. In other words, the story was written for Saturday publication, so "tonight" means Saturday. When they post it online a day early and don't fix that wording, it creates confusion. I appreciate your taking the time to call.

Thanks to all for the kind words about my article.