Stillwater, MN

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a guy in the pit today and he told me they were wearing hats...weird..

The pit is not wearing the hats????

Is that it? Someboby step in and tell the Scouts pit to put the hats back on! (that just doesn't look right).

Elmo Blatch

The pit is not wearing the hats????

Is that it? Someboby step in and tell the Scouts pit to put the hats back on! (that just doesn't look right).

Elmo Blatch

Actually that confuses me too. Weren't there pictures of the pit in their hats like the first week of competitions? I'm gonna have a field day if they end up putting them back on and their scores start shooting up. It's all in the hats heh

Here's one of 200 pics I took tonight

warmup07.jpg

For some reason, that picture just screams "Classic Madison"

scores for Modesto...

Mandarins

^OO^ OH MY GOSH!!! I fell asleep and my son called!! I know you guys are TOTALLY bummed about the Scouts and of course so was he, although he says they are "reworking" alot of stuff" and are such a "great Corp" that they'll "be back in no time".......he may only be 16 but he knows more than me.....Anyway......the bottom line is that SW TIED with Pacific Crest after being behind them just last night! Those kids are SO excited about the show tonight. They have worked so hard I just have to say GREAT JOB SOUTHWIND!!! :laugh: Again, PLEASE don't think I am glad that they scored above Scouts or whatever, just allow a Mom to be THRILLED for her son! I know I'm new but, it looks like ALL of the Corps are just doing an incredible job this year......."way to go" to ALL the kids in ALL the Corps.....this Mom is proud!!

I'm right there on cloud nine next to ya, mom! I'm thrilled for your son, as well as for all of his "adopted" brothers and sisters. What a great rise in the early season here for the yellow team. I love those guys!

Just got back from the show. SCV is incredible and will be a factor in the championship race, IMO. I expected Madison to be dreadful based on the banter here, but I thought they were decent, and I felt as proud as ever to be a Scouts fan. The show was pretty unique, and although the sound/execution/overall design is a little less than most would like it to be, I had a great time watching it. For those who have not seen Scouts 2007, it is not as bad as it looks on paper. I was surprised that they got 5th out of 5 for a second straight night, and honestly thought they would edge out SW and PC, although I enjoyed those two shows very much as well. Spirit is deserving of the praise they are receiving, as they produce a rich sound, and march very confidently. The weather was beautiful and my family and I were very pleased with the quality of these early season shows. Keep digging Scouts!!

Just got back from the show. SCV is incredible and will be a factor in the championship race, IMO. I expected Madison to be dreadful based on the banter here, but I thought they were decent, and I felt as proud as ever to be a Scouts fan. The show was pretty unique, and although the sound/execution/overall design is a little less than most would like it to be, I had a great time watching it. For those who have not seen Scouts 2007, it is not as bad as it looks on paper. I was surprised that they got 5th out of 5 for a second straight night, and honestly thought they would edge out SW and PC, although I enjoyed those two shows very much as well. Spirit is deserving of the praise they are receiving, as they produce a rich sound, and march very confidently. The weather was beautiful and my family and I were very pleased with the quality of these early season shows. Keep digging Scouts!!

What was the general crowd consensus on the Scouts? Were they surprised or disappointed at the scores?

Can't speak for Stillwater, but in Oswego, the reaction was polite applause. Four or five years ago, losing to the Colts and Pacific Crest would elicit a chorus of boos (directed at the judges, natch) that would threaten the structural integrity of the very bleachers we were in. Now, they got the same reaction as Pioneer. That's scary. Scary scary scary.

Edited by The Nagging Cough!