A controversial thought...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok / one more thing

the date "1995 and before" is not "arbitrary" at all

After a lot of dicussion amongst the DCP team back in 2003 we decided that the topics with historical tilt tended to be ten years prior and beyond. Therefore - this forum was originally dated "1993 and before"

In 2004 we changed it to 1994, in 2005 we changed it to 1995 and then I sold the site

What he said - it was supposed to be "ten years and older." May have to go fix that now. :)

Mike

Do you want them crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside...like mom used to burn? b**bs

Yes two please

Hi Keith,

I think he is referring to the fact that Nikk Pilato (The Tsar) is a highly respected member of the drum corps community and of DCP. I too thought you were a bit harsh (in Historical Forum terms, of course - the other forum is much worse). But I don't generally care. Just thought it would be neighborly to explain.

Medeabrass just took the Untouchables approach in his response to you (which is all too common online). You know, "He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue"

Anyhow - strawberries and whip cream on mine, Mike! Anyone is welcome, we're open all knight.

Nick is the TSAR???? Wow!!! Hey Nick, when you going to stop by Sarasota?

Medeabrass I am sorry!

Controversy? Waffles? History? 1995? Let me think. I'd already been out of Drum Corps for over 20 years by 1995. When I think History of Junior Drum Corps, I think of the great 1965 VFW Nationals in Chicago and the Cavaliers of that year, seeing the Troopers for the first time at the 1964 World's Fair in Queens, New York or marching in my first "big" show (The 1965 New State American Legion Championships) in a little class "B" corps called the Queenaires where I first saw Saint Joe's of Batavia and St Joseph Patron Cadets which I joined the very next year. I played French Horn in the All City Orchestra (Horn in "F") and for the Music & Art High School orchestra and learned to play a bugle with the same name (with a a single piston and a slide!) as I marched so when I still think Drum Corps, I think in the key of "G" - I think of a 12 minute show with a beginning a middle and an ending.

And I think of a time when even though our country was going through great turmoil, the teenagers in Drum Corps all over America in our quiet way paid homage to our country every weekend in every show with a simple thing called the Color Presentation.

To me there's no controversy, just history. We can learn from it - or not.

Then we can eat our waffles with satisfied smiles.BrassmenOTL.jpg

Welcome Puppet and a AMEN to that!

Nick is the TSAR???? Wow!!! Hey Nick, when you going to stop by Sarasota?

Medeabrass I am sorry!

Not a problem man...and I'm sorry if I reacted too harshly. I just don't like to see us disparaging each other based on when we marched, how long we marched, or whether we marched at all. I see worth in the entire scope of this activity, and I get riled up when people talk down certain generations whether they be "current" or "historical." I want to see understanding and respect going both directions as I think you do.

You guys have helped me change my mind about the necessity for this forum. As I've said before, my only real grievance is with how/when topics are moved here from other forums.

Would it be possible for me to get both waffles and pancakes?

Not a problem man...and I'm sorry if I reacted too harshly. I just don't like to see us disparaging each other based on when we marched, how long we marched, or whether we marched at all. I see worth in the entire scope of this activity, and I get riled up when people talk down certain generations whether they be "current" or "historical." I want to see understanding and respect going both directions as I think you do.

You guys have helped me change my mind about the necessity for this forum. As I've said before, my only real grievance is with how/when topics are moved here from other forums.

Would it be possible for me to get both waffles and pancakes?

You may have mine friend

Now we all can have a group hug :rock: and enjoy our waffles. Please put some Blueberries with whip cream on mine. :rock:

So you like whip cream too?