"Exxxxactly!"...

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Crowd

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. No kidding.

By the way, to that poster...

I've been around DCP since the beginning. This is my second screen name in that time. People who need to know me, or care to know me, know who I am. Those who don't, can find out easily. Those that don't care to know me or find out, well...I really could care less if they know who I am or not. I don't publish my name with my posts for a good reason, but neither am I anonymous.

I marched in the early 1990s with a top three (at the time) corps.

I don't see how this is important to the discussion, or even to the point i was making, but it seemed like important information to you, so there you have it.

Why so defensive? I read his posts as a joke.

Other sections? There are other sections to DCP?

I ONLY read the Historical Junior Corps blogs. I know what is going on now - I like to read what other people experienced when they marched.

HolyGrail027.jpg

"Ahhhh, but what also floats on water?"

"Um, Bread..."

"Apples..."

"ah, very small rocks?"

"Lead!"

"Churches..."

"A Duck!"

"Exxxxactly!"...

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Crowd

You forgot "Cider! Mud! Cherries!" and my personal favorite "Gray-gravy!!!!"

But we let it pass.

Other sections? There are other sections to DCP?

I ONLY read the Historical Junior Corps blogs. I know what is going on now - I like to read what other people experienced when they marched.

No kidding...this is the only place where I can have simple fun with some simple minds....they are all so , um what's the word, earnest over there in the other sections....so intense. I remember drum corps being fun, especially when we would make fun of the marching bands...what a hoot that was....and since this is the Historical Section, here is a picture of our Drum Major from 1972

gumbrain.jpg

Does anyone remember the Fresno Ferns? Think they would exist today? B)

gumbrain.jpg

I'M GOING TO OPERATE!

Heh. No kidding.

By the way, to that poster...

I've been around DCP since the beginning. This is my second screen name in that time. People who need to know me, or care to know me, know who I am. Those who don't, can find out easily. Those that don't care to know me or find out, well...I really could care less if they know who I am or not. I don't publish my name with my posts for a good reason, but neither am I anonymous.

I marched in the early 1990s with a top three (at the time) corps.

I don't see how this is important to the discussion, or even to the point i was making, but it seemed like important information to you, so there you have it.

DUDE!!! HE WAS KIDDING!!!

No kidding...this is the only place where I can have simple fun with some simple minds....they are all so , um what's the word, earnest over there in the other sections....so intense. I remember drum corps being fun, especially when we would make fun of the marching bands...what a hoot that was....and since this is the Historical Section, here is a picture of our Drum Major from 1972

gumbrain.jpg

Does anyone remember the Fresno Ferns? Think they would exist today? B)

Ohhh, I hit my head on the table... Signed Mr. E.J. Gumby

Actually, the point about what year begins the historical period is mildly interesting. In cars, 10 years is a classic. seems like 10 years would be a good number here as well.

Well, I have a 1997 Jimmy with a fat dent in the side, cigarette and coffee burns all over the floor, and 130k+ miles. I didn't know it was a classic. Looks like I've got a real treasure in my driveway. :P

I'M GOING TO OPERATE!

Nurse....nurse.....nurse.....nurse...oh.