Get a load of these 3 will ya.... They're" wicked pissah " !! ( which means " all right" in Boston street slang.. lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Boston has been getting better throughout the season, but this is the most asinine way to look at it. You can't just "find a rate of progress" when scores can jump wildly up or down at shows pending on MANY factors (tiredness of members/weather/other shows/time slot/judges). I would not be surprised to see them jump 90 by Finals and beat last years score, but I will guess right now they will not hit a 94 (note the word guess, not calculate).

Well, I did write "this admittedly looks unlikely". And I used the word "if", more than once. And I didn't use the word "calculate".

(Edited to remove asperity.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Teehee

09e471575d.png

It still gets me everytime.

Please tell me that's an early season picture. That line on the 7 makes me cringe.

• Like 1

Interested to see how they stack up against Madison tonight, their last meetup head to head before Quarter Finals. The most they've been ahead by was 1.7 at Atlanta. Blue Knights most recently have been ahead of Madison by 3.65, 3.5, and 3.1 in their meetups at and since Atlanta and about 2 points ahead of Boston in their 3 meetups this year. Wish last night wouldn't have gotten rained out, but they go head to head with BK on Saturday in Allentown. Hope they're about to have the mother of all surges.

Edited by DrumManTx

To repeat something I noticed in the Quincy thread: despite tonight's disappointing drop in score over the three days since Monday in Charleston, this is actually the first show all season where any of Boston's captions broke into Box 5: Color Guard scored 18.2 and Percussion scored 18.4.

What pulled Boston down despite these gains was a 0.7 drop in GE1, a 0.5 drop in GE2, and a 0.9 drop in Vis. Analysis. On the other hand, Brass was up 0.6 and Mus. Analysis was up 0.5. However, they have the most room to grow, at the moment, in the visually-oriented content categories. Rep/Cont is higher than Perf/Achv by 0.4 in GE1, 0.4 in Vis. Analysis (where the judge said content was 91), and 0.6 in Vis. Proficiency. In the musical categories, Boston's content is all in the 80s.

Tonight, though Boston's overall score went up more than six-tenths, they had no Box Five captions (only a half-caption: one of the percussion judges put them there). And over the past two shows, their rate of improvement has slowed to 0.523/day, which would give them 92.005 at Finals, rather than the 94+ there were trending toward just a week ago (astonishing as that may seem). Hmm.

I am impressed that they were less than one point behind BK, who had broken 90 three days ago. Both corps have a four-hour drive to Pittsburgh (so they're probably almost there), where they will next compete Sunday night. I hope they use that time, the better part of two days, to their advantage.

It'd s good show, but you can not judge it properly on the current sheets.

It's a strange bird...