Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

I too, having heard several audios from Spring Training 2015 of last season's finalists, was wondering if double and triple tonguing were added to the sheets as a requirement.

It seems a new contest among the top four horn lines as if to say "I can do anything better than you" YET not necessarily musical or adding to the flow of the piece.

When done standing still, multi-demands on the performer are few; crediting questions will continue to arise.

I prefer melody, lyricism, and depth charts rather than exercises, no matter who the corps or arranger is.

it's like the Cadets shirt once said...first we zigged, then everyone zigged...then we zagged

• Like 1

So....they're using a formula?

Seems like that skill was added to the sheets or something....

Last year it was the lower body stuff, this year it is playing multiple tongue passages....

Seems like that skill was added to the sheets or something....

Last year it was the lower body stuff, this year it is playing multiple tongue passages....

You mean...they're even being ranked and rated on that TOO these days?!?!?!?! :ninja:

Oh, well...as compared to the old practice of Inter-Corps warfare, I guess it's a step in the right direction. I guess....

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

It's almost as if "simultaneous demand" earns them points or something ;)

Interesting that so many corps are choosing double/triple tonguing to earn those points this year though....

Interesting that so many corps are choosing double/triple tonguing to earn those points this year though....

it actually happens often. How many times have we sat and watched corps and say " did they all get together this year and decide they were all going to do this or that" Visually it has happened often over the years from simple moves or tricks of some sort or props or staging or even things like the digital flags or uniforms. I think we are sometimes, no most times geared toward trends, and not just music or drum corps trends.

BD can certainly set trends BUT has also been know to follow a few.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

it actually happens often. How many times have we sat and watched corps and say " did they all get together this year and decide they were all going to do this or that" Visually it has happened often over the years from simple moves or tricks of some sort or props or staging or even things like the digital flags or uniforms. I think we are sometimes, no most times geared toward trends, and not just music or drum corps trends.

BD can certainly set trends BUT has also been know to follow a few.

While changes may not have been formally written in the sheets, the standards can (and have) been re-written in practice.

And yes BD "follows" as much as anyone.

• Like 2

While changes may not have been formally written in the sheets, the standards can (and have) been re-written in practice.

And yes BD "follows" as much as anyone.

Yep.