Broken Arrow's Answer to Ramps - the Arms Race Continues

I believe Franklin High here in Nashville made Finals this year, with their show titled Mastermind. They are directed by a Cavaliers alum and assisted by a Phantom alum.

I just hate everything about that video, from the go-carts to what's being taught to the kids to the reinforcement that marching performance must be a circus to be enjoyed or score well.

Arms race, indeed.

Agreed.

I just hate everything about that video, from the go-carts to what's being taught to the kids to the reinforcement that marching performance must be a circus to be enjoyed or score well.

Arms race, indeed.

I don't hate it. However, I lost interest in the go-carts after 5 minutes.

After watching the coordination and execution, one thought I had was that if a corps like the Cadets had used go-carts similar to how BA has used them, many people here would have ripped them apart for the execution. Exactly the way many here reacted to the towers in 2013.

Edited by Fish

I'm not smitten by many of the props used in recent years. Too me, they are one and done, not to be used again by a corps/band within the same organization (DCI, BOA, etc.). Maybe a corps copies what a band did or vice versa, but probably only once. There doesn't seem to be much chirping when the same drills are used by other units over the years, but if another unit had a mm run up a ramp and dive into a group of fellow mm, most of us would yawn and say the BC already did that.

Yet when Bluecoats did it, no one yawned and said "Cadets already did that".

and the several MMs of Cadets who performed that show are now staffers and techs for Bluecoats.

(See also the Ten show where Cadets run up and back down ramps front to back several months before Bloo did the same with the ramps even facing the same directions up the 50.)

Edited by xandandl