my guess is they know that people are going to buy it no matter what so they name their price and not give a crap what it looks or sounds like. or at least is seems like they don't give a crap about it.

Wonder how many DVDs they sell comparing TOB to DCA. Might be a case of "don't sell that many so who gives a .....".

s/ Guy who missed Alumni Spect last year so thought he'd buy the DVD for Sunday AM. Then he saw the ####### $99 price tag. :smile:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not ordered the DVDs for myself, they typically show up as a Christmas present - and I do agree that the product is less than second rate, but at least I have something to remember my day.

But for those who order, doesn't the preview you see at their preview table at Finals give you a fair indication of what to expect in terms of video/audio quality? Production might clean it up some, but it can't possibly scrub up a bad, one shot take.

Dad said you can't polish crap - you'll just end up with shiny crap.

I've not ordered the DVDs for myself, they typically show up as a Christmas present - and I do agree that the product is less than second rate, but at least I have something to remember my day.

But for those who order, doesn't the preview you see at their preview table at Finals give you a fair indication of what to expect in terms of video/audio quality? Production might clean it up some, but it can't possibly scrub up a bad, one shot take.

Dad said you can't polish crap - you'll just end up with shiny crap.

And grumping about quality of recording beats the crap out of no recording.....

At least there is a choice of buy/no buy....

my guess is they know that people are going to buy it no matter what so they name their price and not give a crap what it looks or sounds like. or at least is seems like they don't give a crap about it.

they have that with band stuff as well...you know moms and dads and kids will buy. Even with the crappy glare the stadium had at ACC's last year, the dvds still looked better than DCA

Wonder how many DVDs they sell comparing TOB to DCA. Might be a case of "don't sell that many so who gives a .....".

s/ Guy who missed Alumni Spect last year so thought he'd buy the DVD for Sunday AM. Then he saw the ####### $99 price tag. :tongue:

I dont know about full shows at TOB, but i'd imagine a ton of single band tapes

Did everyone who ordered the DVD's get them already? I still have not received my copy, and it was the first year I actually bought it!

Did everyone who ordered the DVD's get them already? I still have not received my copy, and it was the first year I actually bought it!

The only one I know who received his already is John Smith, which leads me to believe that they're sending them out to the older guys first.

I'm still waiting for mine. :tongue: