Santa Clara Vanguard 2013

Here's to hoping they can pull a 1996 Phantom Regiment!

• Like 2

My heart sunk when I saw the schedule SCV wasn't going to SoCal. Anticipating the potential of this show, I made arrangements to go up to Northern California to see SCV and others live. Sooooo glad because I have been waiting for this type of show from SCV since 2004 (which I had the privilege to see a few times with TOC at the Rose Bowl)

This show will go up in my top 10 SCV shows along with 2004, 1999, 1998, 1991, 1989-86, 1981

I forgot to mention:

Still, SCV has the classiest ( sp? ) uniforms on the field. The colors show up so well and define the forms. I don't get visually lost while watching them.

Is it just me ?

• Like 2

From twitter:

@scvanguard: Over the last few days we've made some enhancements to our show, including a BIG enhancement at the end. Watch for it tonight in Allentown!

From twitter:

@scvanguard: Over the last few days we've made some enhancements to our show, including a BIG enhancement at the end. Watch for it tonight in Allentown!

I always look forward for those awesome "tag" endings they do so well.

Still, SCV has the classiest ( sp? ) uniforms on the field. The colors show up so well and define the forms. I don't get visually lost while watching them.

Is it just me ?

Nope! Red and green are complementary colors -- nothing better than red against a field. :thumbup:

From twitter:

Not The Bottle Dance... No!... No!... say it aint so! ( haha.. just kidding)

Not The Bottle Dance... No!... No!... say it aint so! ( haha.. just kidding)

My money is still on a barricade. Maybe the props across the far side are brought onto the pitch and turned around to create the afore mentioned barricade.

Just watched the show again on the FN. I only got to see SCV live early season and can't go to finals this year. Now watching it on the FN it's just amazing to see how much this show has developed. It's a beautiful engaging show and they are performing it so well now. I love it. This is the best SCV has been since '99 IIMO. They are by far the "best looking" corps out there this year. This is slightly different than saying they have the best visual GE. What I mean by that is the new uniforms are perfect. They really couldn't have chosen a better design than those uniforms. They're just great. The guard uniforms also look great and fit the show well. The back field props look good and of course the overall drill design is great. So while other corps like BD are looking flashy with props, etc. SCV is looking classy and professional. This is a show that I'll watch over and over again and that I'll play in my car. Great stuff happening with this group this year.

• Like 1