Cavaliers Cell Phone Question

This reasoning has always bothered me even now that I am a parent. The word 'right' has a very distinct and narrow legal meaning. I agree that you have the 'right' to not allow your son to march and the 'right' to contact your son if he is 17 or under; I am a firm advocate of Parental Rights. However, after he turns 18 he is an adult and at that point you can refuse to pay for The Cavaliers, or pay for University, or food, or shelter, and can even kick him out of the house if he disobeys you, but your allowance or dis-allowance for his actions as well as your contact with him at that point becomes a 'privilege' and is no longer a 'right'. Also, nowhere, in any jurisdiction, local, regional, or national is there a situation where your child, or even you, has a 'right' to carry a cell phone wherever you so please; that is also a 'privilege'. 'Rights' can only be denied after due process of law either through narrow legislation (even though you have the right to freedom of speech you cannot yell Fire in a crowded theater) or jurisdiction (you lose some rights after conviction of a felony); however The Cavaliers, and even Movie Theaters, certainly can curb the 'privilege' of cell phones at their discretion.

I've never understood why, if something is a right, it needs to be reserved.

I've always been more annoyed by constantly clicking on the page numbers buttons near the bottom of each topic. Maybe my index finger is stronger due to all the typing I do as a writer. If that's not the reason, I don't want to know what is.

I tried the explicit instruction to get 40 per page again and no luck. I would like 40 per page during drum corps season because I enjoy watching a live feed and viewing DCP comments between corps without having to refresh. My hands are ok but many of my colleagues have carpal tunnel syndrome.

I've always been annoyed at people with cell phones constantly answering them while we were having a conversation. I once saw a lady walk into a post while texting. I laughed :smile: I once had dinner with a CEO who turned his phone off to focus on our conversation. It was unexpected and respectful.

Upon reading most of the posts on this thread, The Cavaliers have a communications protocol for emergencies and would prefer no cell phone use while focusing on drum corps activities. Perhaps we can bring back letter writing and sending packages to designated stops along the way to show the young adults we care.

• Like 2

I work with a guy who was rear-ended in his car three times. Two out of those three were by someone talking on their cell phone. What does that tell you?

Edited by Piper

I tried the explicit instruction to get 40 per page again and no luck. I would like 40 per page during drum corps season because I enjoy watching a live feed and viewing DCP comments between corps without having to refresh. My hands are ok but many of my colleagues have carpal tunnel syndrome.

Can someone more technologically literate than I help them figure this out? It works fine for me.

I work with a guy who was rear-endened in his car three times. Two out of those three were by someone talking on their cell phone. What does that tell you?

He doesn't know how to get out of the way? (I have another observation, but it would get me banned.)

I work with a guy who was rear-ended in his car three times. Two out of those three were by someone talking on their cell phone. What does that tell you?

I don't think bringing up someone's personal, how do I say... lifestyle preferences.... is necessarily appropriate for this forum.

Oh, you mean his car was hit by another car? Never mind.

• Like 1

It does make me wonder why that person talking on the cell phone is constantly following your friend so closely. :smile:

• Like 1

This reasoning has always bothered me even now that I am a parent. The word 'right' has a very distinct and narrow legal meaning. I agree that you have the 'right' to not allow your son to march and the 'right' to contact your son if he is 17 or under; I am a firm advocate of Parental Rights. However, after he turns 18 he is an adult and at that point you can refuse to pay for The Cavaliers, or pay for University, or food, or shelter, and can even kick him out of the house if he disobeys you, but your allowance or dis-allowance for his actions as well as your contact with him at that point becomes a 'privilege' and is no longer a 'right'. Also, nowhere, in any jurisdiction, local, regional, or national is there a situation where your child, or even you, has a 'right' to carry a cell phone wherever you so please; that is also a 'privilege'. 'Rights' can only be denied after due process of law either through narrow legislation (even though you have the right to freedom of speech you cannot yell Fire in a crowded theater) or jurisdiction (you lose some rights after conviction of a felony); however The Cavaliers, and even Movie Theaters, certainly can curb the 'privilege' of cell phones at their discretion.

But, but but...

If I WWANT something, isn't it my right?! :tongue:

• Like 1

There is a great joke in there...

There is a great joke in there...