Thanks for the information. Time penalty on setting up or leaving field?

I believe for setting up. I don't know the details too well, just going off of information I saw in the main Atlanta thread

• Like 1

The question was asked "Are Coats out of medal contention?"

NO WAY!!!

Each of the top 5 corps won a caption TONIGHT. I doubt if that's ever happened before...

Each also had at least 1 judge(s) place them in 5th, with the exception of Cadets who had 3 judges put them in 4th.

Atlanta caption awards:

GE 1 - BD

GE 2 - Crown

VP - BD

VA - COATS

CG - Crown

BR - Crown

MA - Cadets

PR - Vanguard

Crown won tonight despite BD having more judges scoring them in 1st. The Gold Medal this year could possibly go to the corps with the most 2nd place caption rankings.

The top 4 corps are actually just 1.45 points apart. BLUECOATS are not only in contention for a medal...I think a Silver or Gold is still very much a possibility!

• Like 6

I would also add that the fact the each of the top 5 won a caption tonight is a testament to the fact that there are FIVE awesome shows in 2015. The last two weeks are going to be fun!!!

If you don't have your tickets for the Massillon show and live within 150 miles....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!

• Like 2

I saw the Bluecoats perform WAAAYYYY back in Pittsburgh. I now get to see them perform in Allentown and then Indianapolis. I can't wait to see the improvements they made live and for them to finally overtake the Cadets. This is the year for Bloo. Last year it was so close, there is no way they lose this year. Let's Go Bloo!

Although I'm highly intoxicated right now, I can say with much confidence that the Bluecoats are still in this! Go Bloo!

• Like 3

I said to myself before the season started, I hope 2015 is not Tilt 2. i am glad it is not, but....it might be time to add in the pitch bend on Finals Night. The endings this year have not engaged the crowd as much. Look what Crown did, and they won last night. It is not something they could do every year, but this year it would be amazing if.....it was added on Finals Only!

First of all, knock off this "high brow" crap, it's drum corps for goodness sake, not The Met. These brass musicians are playing on glorified plumbing. There are people on this thread that think there is some secretive right of passage to enlightenment in a drum corps show; "But if you would have read L. Ron Hubbard, only then would you understand the _______________ about ____________________'s show."

Audiences don't need to have an MFA to enjoy a show, nor does the show have to be pretentious. You do not need to seek some Tibetan guru for enlightenment. I am sick to death of the of this tiny minority of an art movement in drum corps, that it must somehow "speak to me" on some nebulous level. In fact, I contend that the reason why there are fewer corps and media that are willing to eat the cost of televising a contest is because too many shows are too obtuse for the average listener. If an audience member doesn't enjoy the show by itself, without reading Chaucer or Dante first, or without some farcical, propped up elitist concept, then the show designers have FAILED the audience.

I do not like high brow drum corps and neither do most fans.

Amen….in face, high brow shows bore me. I've just an average girl and want to be entertained, not enlightened.

• Like 1

Not everyone wants to talk like an English major. We are, after all, "meat puppets."

I'm a meat puppet!

• Like 1