Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

I'll see if I can correct this. I posted it to my Facebook site. Maybe it's because my site is locked.

Hope Blooo gets lots of great practice in before the TOC on Thursday and Allentown on Saturday!

Hey, we have to push this thread over 100 pages!

What is your favorite moment of the show thus far?

I now think the end is awesome, but absolutely adore the ballad!

• Like 1

Hey, we have to push this thread over 100 pages!

What is your favorite moment of the show thus far?

I now think the end is awesome, but absolutely adore the ballad!

I agree about the ballad. Bon Iver's "The Woods" is a perfect work for this show. I would also add that how the show begins is masterful, futuristic, and it shows that minimalism can be a powerful way to design and build intensity.

Zak is most definitely not a female.

Thanks to you and others for the correction! Especially to eightyonepointthree, who explained why I thought I was seeing a woman's face there. (I did say that appearances could be deceiving.) My apologies to Zack.

I had been remembering a discussion from the Ft. Wayne show last year, but I was doubly wrong, because:

(1) At that time it was a set of guard members who jumped from multiple ramps, not one horn player who jumped from one ramp.

(2) On the night in question, when one of those guard members' footing slipped leaping from the last ramp, the discussion of that point began with a post by geluf reading as follows:

Just got a chance to catch the Fan Network on-demand for the show and at the end of Bluecoats, the last guard girl appears to miss the "jump" from the triangle prop and instead of leaping airborne before coming down, she immediately slips downward . . . and it doesn't look like she was caught in time to avoid hitting the ground. Does anyone know if that's the case? Is she OK?

And the conversation went on for another page before there was this note from Cappybara:

Poor guy has been mistaken for a girl by half the DCP population.

So I was repeating an old error that was made about a different person entirely. As Rick Perry famously said, "Oops".

(Interesting to glance back at that thread. Fascinating comments aplenty. Like George Dixon firmly stating: "Spirit will end up in 10th or 11th".)

• Like 1

Lol people probably getting annoyed at me saying this over and over again. Minute or so between the Contra feature and the ballad. Pure drum corps bliss for me in every way.

I have seen you write that, but I'm not sure what spot that is. What is it about that section that is pure drum corps bliss? I want to look for it next time I view the show.

I have seen you write that, but I'm not sure what spot that is. What is it about that section that is pure drum corps bliss? I want to look for it next time I view the show.

It's when everyone's back field behind the speakers and the trumpets start staggering in as the guard does with the second set of flags. The section leading into the ballad.