San Antonio Lineup

Academy and Colts will be compared directly to the 4 corps before them... that is fair comparison. If they are not as good, the scores will reflect that.

Troopers are way out of place and I have no idea what that will do to their score, but their peers will have performed long ago.

Agreed. No slight to Troopers, but I agree there.

That's either really gonna help them not being right next to their peers, or really gonna hurt them considering who they're following. We shall see.

I'm sure Corps Directors hated it, but the random draw for 88 was a great idea. It's true that having a great rubric for which to judge corps by allows for fairness in any combination. But the lineup shakeup makes it even more heightened for judges to bring their A game and thus I think it won't affect things what-so-ever.

• Like 3

It's only one week! If they are getting screwed over, they can prove it next week at San Antonio! Their performance order should not affect their score, and then everything will be right in YOUR world!

Nope. Once scores are set at San Antonio, you're kind of ####ed. It's extremely difficult for you to move up because it snowballs. The corps that initially got screwed over will keep getting bad line ups at the rest of the regionals. Sad, but true.

• Like 1

Because it's 2015, not 2014, and maybe they want the first official regional for THIS year to reflect what's been happening THIS year.

but it's not reflecting this year. How many times has boston/Madison/stars seen academy/colts? Why did we use 14 scores for every show of the season (minus regionals) and yesterday if we want to go off of 15?

Academy and Colts will be compared directly to the 4 corps before them... that is fair comparison. If they are not as good, the scores will reflect that.

Troopers are way out of place and I have no idea what that will do to their score, but their peers will have performed long ago.

I really don't think performance order is going to impact the scores that much! This is no different than corps going on last at their home shows. Their scores aren't greatly affected. They are scored based on their performance. I was at Madison's two home shows this year and Colts home (sponsored) shows where the home corps went on last (after corps that were markedly better) and the home corps score was not affected or changed based on a previous show's score. Performance order had little or no impact!

• Like 1

Every year folks get pissy about the performance order at regionals. Every year the scores stay pretty constant for the most part. It's entertaining reading some of this morning's rants though.

• Like 5

but it's not reflecting this year. How many times has boston/Madison/stars seen academy/colts? Why did we use 14 scores for every show of the season (minus regionals) and yesterday if we want to go off of 15?

Then why go off scores from last year which have absolutely NOTHING to do with what happened this year? At least the numbers they're taking now reflect the most recent performances, which are more relevant, to be blunt, than what happened in June. As I said, no matter what they do, people will complain. At least everyone is aware of how they're going about it so there's really no ambush here.

Nope. Once scores are set at San Antonio, you're kind of ####ed. It's extremely difficult for you to move up because it snowballs. The corps that initially got screwed over will keep getting bad line ups at the rest of the regionals. Sad, but true.

So, for the Tour of Champions shows where the corps are randomly chosen for appearance order, there is NO chance for the better corps to win that go on first out of those 8 corps? As far as regionals go, I GUARANTEE that if Blue Devils went on first at 3:00pm in the afternoon in San Antonio, they would still end up in the top 3!

• Like 2

I'm sure Corps Directors hated it, but the random draw for 88 was a great idea. It's true that having a great rubric for which to judge corps by allows for fairness in any combination. But the lineup shakeup makes it even more heightened for judges to bring their A game and thus I think it won't affect things what-so-ever.

I'm pretty sure nobody recalls the slotted positions of any previous years regional performance schedules with these Corps. I'm also pretty sure that nobody will be discussing this thread next month when all the Corps buses roll into Indy for Championships week.

• Like 3