Why Isn't "America The Beautiful" Played on DCI Finals Nig

America the Beautiful was sung by an Army vocalist before finals started. Personally, as a fan and performer, I enjoy large performances. The fans love it and I find them to be fun. Sounds like a bunch of better-than-thou prima donna MMs and techs these days. God forbid your elite corps sounds less than perfection because of a large performance.

• Like 1

I don't think it's completely coincidental that AmerOCan ended about the same time of the 2010 attempted coup, when it was blatantly clear that there was very little solidarity among the battling ranks.

Except that it was played as a mass brass in 2013, check youtube

And, as the OP, not to be political but I don’t understand how insisting on playing this jingoistic song proves anything other than one is anti-American. It’s not the national anthem. And the religious intolerance expressed in its lyrics are clearly in violation of the Establishment Clause in the Frist Amendment of the Constitution.

So contrary to the OP; America the Beautiful reminds me of some of the darkest days in America when the song was stolen and used as a rallying cry that reaped uncounted civilian deaths in a fraudulent war that we were misled into, a war that spawned a quasi-terror state that is still ravening terror throughout the world and don’t even get me started the Horrors of the North, Canada.

I too may start a petition, demanding that in the spirit of Drum Corps and teaching the youth all that is good in the world, all the corps at finals must play the beloved Cavilers anthem Do you want to get Funky with Me

• Like 4

DCI should consider " Sweet Caroline " at INT, imo.

Some might say that idea is no good, no good, no good.... :ninja:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

Except that it was played as a mass brass in 2013, check youtube

And, as the OP, not to be political but I don’t understand how insisting on playing this jingoistic song proves anything other than one is anti-American. It’s not the national anthem. And the religious intolerance expressed in its lyrics are clearly in violation of the Establishment Clause in the Frist Amendment of the Constitution.

So contrary to the OP; America the Beautiful reminds me of some of the darkest days in America when the song was stolen and used as a rallying cry that reaped uncounted civilian deaths in a fraudulent war that we were misled into, a war that spawned a quasi-terror state that is still ravening terror throughout the world and don’t even get me started the Horrors of the North, Canada.

I too may start a petition, demanding that in the spirit of Drum Corps and teaching the youth all that is good in the world, all the corps at finals must play the beloved Cavilers anthem Do you want to get Funky with Me

I'm still trying to figure out how a song about the beauty of the country from Pikes Peak is jingoistic.

But hey, you clearly have had some issues (the Canadian North is tough, tough country for sure!) and this patriotic song conjures images of war in you.

I really don't think you're in any condition to do anything other than "get funky" (by yourself, over there if you don't mind).

America the Beautiful reminds me of some of the darkest days in America when the song was stolen and used as a rallying cry that reaped uncounted civilian deaths in a fraudulent war that we were misled into, a war that spawned a quasi-terror state that is still ravening terror throughout the world and don’t even get me started the Horrors of the North, Canada.

We need to stop these ravening terrors throughout the world too. Its making us senseless!

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned that the Finale Montage video that plays during Finals retreat has pretty much replaced the "mass brass" finale of years past. It gives every corps that comes to Indy a moment in the spotlight, and to me, it shows that DCI is no longer all about the "Top 12."

And I agree with others on here that while I loved the idea of all of the competing corps playing together and melting fans' faces off, it looked much better on paper than in reality (trumpets screaming, wrong notes, members just holding the tonic, etc.).

Some might say that idea is no good, no good, no good.... :ninja:

Where it began, I can't begin to knowin'.

• Like 1

Let's close this before it goes any further. The OP has made his point.

Yes, any song that is an infringement to the Establishment Clause to the First Amendment of the Constitution should be banned from the American schools, and all of polite society.

Leave your fingers off my precious Gangsta Rap CD's however, or I swear I will hit you all with my puffy pillow !

Edited by BRASSO