The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

OK everyone - I didn't see finals, or vids of retreat or anything. How did Academy look at retreat??? I know the bride tossed her bouquet into the crowd from the DM stand but did they put any show specific forms into retreat?

Edited by luv4corps

OK everyone - I didn't see finals, or youtubes of retreat or anything. How did Academy look at retreat???

In their show there is a bunch of smiling and stuff that is for the show, but it wasn't just for show in finals, the smiles on their faces at the beginning looked cheek splitting.

For retreat they looked beyond ecstatic. They got a huge ovation when they came in, and and even bigger one when their score was announced which went on well past the announcement and included members of other corps on the field with them. That was my favorite moment of the night.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I was at Finals, 2nd row on the 50, #humblebrag :-D wearing my newly purchased Drum Corpse Bride shirt and was fighting back tears watching the show (yea, I'm an old softie). I was so happy for the ovation during retreat. Seeing Devils and Bloo and other corps applauding them was my favorite moment of the night too.

• Like 1

Just wanted to give a delayed thank you to the academy! Such a fun and brilliant show, and members that really sold it! Well done, and I hope to see you in the top 12 for many years to come!!

• Like 1

Congratulations Academy. What a nice show and a well deserved entry to top 12. Now be conservative with changes for improving your show for next year. You only need to make small improvements/changes. Don't try to push to top 5 (you can of course that is a reasonable goal)and sacrifice what made you all so enjoyable this year. Solidifying being in the top 12 would be a tremendous accomplishment too. Whatever you do, enjoy the fruits of your labor so far.

• Like 1

They are taking final orders on their two show shirts and a new shirt for finals with the quote toward the front of the show on it. Get em while you can!

Thank you so much for posting this. I was VERY disappointed in Indy when all three of their tour shirts were sold out in my size and they told me there would be no further production runs or orders taken. I loved the show and really wanted to be able to wear a t-shirt as a reminder. Placed my order just now!!

Given the universal appreciation of their season, I think this might be a very wise move for them financially! Especially IF people find out they can still get shirts.