The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

If its been mentioned on here before, my apologies.. but the Academy is the first Drum Corps from the state of Arizona to make a World Class Division Top 12 Finals in the history of the Drum Corps movement... going back all the way to 1933 anyway. This would include all the DCI years from 1972 onward, as well as the Drum & Bugle Corps National Championships that the AL and the VFW held prior to the DCI years as well.

I thought early on this season that Academy would peak early and fizzle out as the summer DCI competition season unfolded. But to their credit, Academy never did. Instead, they took a well crafted and appealing show, and they enhanced it, polished it, as we all saw it soar for them all season long as a result. What a great storyline to see Academy break thru and make Finals this season. And they did it with an entertaining show to boot. Fantastic.. and so congratulations to the marchers and the staffers here at the Academy.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

I so hope that when Academy enters the field tomorrow night they are greeted with an ovation so big and loud and warm that every member of the corps has not the slightest doubt about how much they are loved and appreciated by the fans this year.

I can tell you first hand, as can many others here, that as soon as Academy's pit crew started rolling onto the field, the fans were on their feet.

It was the same kind of excitement as Crown '13 and 'Coats '16.

There will be lots of love in the stadium tonight, you can be sure.

• Like 5

In case you haven't seen their most recent Facebook post yet, here it is. If you'll excuse me, there's something in my eye...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154428368779579

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 3

This is probably the corps I am happiest this year, maybe a tie if Bluecoats get a win. People keep bringing up 10th, but honestly this amazing show is in finals and that's all I care about. Have fun tonight Academy, you earned it. Can't wait to hear that crowd greet you tonight.

• Like 2

I get that this is the DCI darling show but I still can't see how it scores so high. The content level is so much easier than the corps around them.

I get that this is the DCI darling show but I still can't see how it scores so high. The content level is so much easier than the corps around them.

Go whinge somewhere else, dude. The Academy perform their show with passion, and you can tell. You can't help but enjoy their show. It is designed exactly how it should be, and the results speak for themselves.

• Like 1