Cadets 2017

Sooo. By March 1st, the Cadets 2016 thread had 180 pages. We're already at 312, and we don't even know the show. Oops. 

Edited by Brass34

7 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Sooo. By March 1st, the Cadets 2016 thread had 180 pages. We're already at 312, and we don't even know the show. Oops. 

speculation and intrigue!

10 minutes ago, Eleran said:

More like page after page of people bringing out their private pissing contests.

yes my lame attempt to steer things more positively 

14 hours ago, Tobias said:

Did DCI ever pull an Oscars snafu? And the award for high percussion goes to.... oops! We tabulated wrong. Please give that trophy bad!

Happened in DCA in 2007.

Buccaneers were announced as winning best color guard at DCA Finals... turned out there was a tabulation error, and the Bushwackers actually took the caption. 

I was the PA guy that night and had to announce the correction. Not fun.  LOL.   It was a "hey... don't shoot the messenger" moment. :tongue:

There is another part of that story which I won't share here in public. :whistle:

9 hours ago, Brass34 said:

I wonder if Cadets are now considered "underdogs" in the top echelon? 

In the past 5 years:

BD medaled 5 times.

Crown medaled 4 times.

Bloo medaled 3 times.

Cadets medaled 2 times. 

7 minutes ago, Tobias said:

In the past 5 years:

BD medaled 5 times.

Crown medaled 4 times.

Bloo medaled 3 times.

Cadets medaled 2 times. 

funny how ones perspective works. To everyone other than the ones you mentioned Cadets record would be an epic success and one the rest only strive to be.

All depends on where one sits I suppose..

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

funny how ones perspective works. To everyone other than the ones you mentioned Cadets record would be an epic success and one the rest only strive to be.

All depends on where one sits I suppose..

True. BD, for another example, enters each DCI season as the odds on favorite to win DCI. Finishing 2nd is good, but disappointing. Finishing 6th, ( as Cadets did last season ) would be considered a collosal placement disaster of epic proportions for BD ( FAR worse than Cadets finishing 6th for example ) as BD has not fallen below 5th place in DCI since 1974, over 40 years ago.  Several current WC Corps on the other hand, don't even have wet dreams of ever finishing above 10th place anytime soon ( haha!). So sure, its " funny ", but entirely understandable, that where one sits on the DCI placements totem pole does shape one's annual expectations on things.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

In the past 5 years:

BD medaled 5 times.

Crown medaled 4 times.

Bloo medaled 3 times.

Cadets medaled 2 times. 

That adds up to 14. 5x3 is 15.  Where's the missing one?  Yeah I'm too lazy to figure it out myself.