Cadets 2017

43 minutes ago, craiga said:

This may come as a surprise to some folks here in Cadetland, but I have nothing but respect for the Cadets.  In fact, I think they will probably end up having yet another great year, and I sure as heck am not "down on them" in any way.  It is impossible to guess what will happen when the two corps meet up on Saturday, but I will say this.  Cadets supporters need to know that IF Boston were to outscore Cadets, it would not necessarily mean the Cadets are doomed.  As one poster observed:  This is not your grandfather's BAC....they have arguably their best drum corps in history this year (particularly in the visual realm).

Truthfully, I think supporters of both corps should be celebrating the fact that one has lasted 83 years and the other 77 years!

Agreed. The two corps have a rich history and lots in common.

23 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Sound & video remain better on Hopkins' Facebook Live preview than on the webcast platform itself.  :(

Seriously. Move the camera across the field to ensure we are seeing the numerous visual moments. Sounds was very monotonal. Poor positioning of recording system but the dome Wednesday should be good 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nafstedac said:

Have to say after last nights fiasco broadcast. I have renewed faith. Loved what I saw tonight!

Happy to hear you liked it, and the sound quality of the feed was not in the least indicative of the quality of the corps.  It sounded as if the microphone was placed down a long hallway somewhere in the bowels of the stadium.

• Like 4

Why don't they just live stream to YouTube as a private event? I feel like a modern smartphone would deliver find stereo sound quality considering most of them have multiple mics

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Why don't they just live stream to YouTube as a private event? I feel like a modern smartphone would deliver find stereo sound quality considering most of them have multiple mics

I believe their 3 year agreement is quite specific in terms of how the content may be shared and distributed... So there ya go.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I won't "like it" but it will be a "big deal" if BAC beats Cadets or Crown or Cavaliers etc early or late this season. It's exciting! I'm excited they are doing so well.

But things can change dramatically during the season

6/20/2014

Cadets 76.05

Bluecoats 72.80

Finals 2014

Bluecoats 97.175

Cadets 96.875

As usual I think some of the talk on this thread is crazy so let me add my crazy.  It wouldn't surprise me to see Boston beat Crown this summer.  All it takes is a poorly designed show and the rest takes care of itself (ask Cadets).  As for the Cadets they will come out of spring training ready to regain their elite status. Just a couple more days and we'll know for sure and then all the talk will shift to who the top three will be.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tobias said:

Saw a broadcast of last night from parent. Not shareable, goes into a closed group. Show is excellent.  Would put it on par with 2011. Uniforms/costumes absolutely gorgeous, majestic and one of the changes is very respectful of the Cadet classic uni. I think heads turn in mid July once they get some cleaning under their belts. Music and Visual moments already without the props, costume changes. Great drill, staging, a variety of musical dynamics AND you know what the shows about because of its strong construct. Very excited.

I agree.  The more I view Cadets show the more excited I get.  All of their problems from last season have been addressed and it shows.  Bernstein has always been good to the Cadets and I don't see that changing. Design, costumes, and guard are light years ahead of last season and Cadets should fare well in Indy Thursday night.

Fan of the Arts 

I would urge folks to tame the enthusiasm a bit. Cadets are very dirty right now so expect a slow grind to start the season. We will know where things stand after a couple weeks and the show gets cleaned a bit 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I would urge folks to tame the enthusiasm a bit. Cadets are very dirty right now so expect a slow grind to start the season. We will know where things stand after a couple weeks and the show gets cleaned a bit 

I would much rather they start slow and climb versus what they did in 2015 when they came out of the gate swinging and then went downhill around SA.  There is no need to get up in arms if they don't beat so-n-so right off the bat.  I'm actually excited to see them spend the summer climbing.

• Like 1