The Cavaliers 2017

The Cavaliers are getting their visual swagger back. Not only did the guard perform flawlessly last night, but I am becoming mighty impressed with the marching, the technique, and the over visual design.  Brass and percussion are scoring well too.  I am still not completely sold on the music book. It's still a little choppy for my taste, but that aside there is mucho room for this show to grow. 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The Cavaliers are getting their visual swagger back. Not only did the guard perform flawlessly last night, but I am becoming mighty impressed with the marching, the technique, and the over visual design.  Brass and percussion are scoring well too.  I am still not completely sold on the music book. It's still a little choppy for my taste, but that aside there is mucho room for this show to grow. 

Not usually a fan of choppy stuff. But when seen relative to the corps around them, the show works for me. More than works, actually. It's battling SCV for my favorite 2017 show.

• Like 6

I am just happy that a few people are starting to see how good this show is! I was sooooo darn entertained Friday. I have to admit my top 3 are The Cavaliers, SCV, and Bluecoats. I was very very pleased with these three.... 

I need to throw out an honorable mention to Phantoms guard. I loved them Friday night.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am just happy that a few people are starting to see how good this show is! I was sooooo darn entertained Friday. I have to admit my top 3 are The Cavaliers, SCV, and Bluecoats. I was very very pleased with these three.... 

I need to throw out an honorable mention to Phantoms guard. I loved them Friday night.

Phantom's guard could use some love after all the hate being spewed at them

Cavies guard is for real. I know a lot of people think the score is a fluke, but the stuff this guard is doing is incredible when you take into account the pace of the show and athleticism/stamina needed 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Cavies guard is for real. I know a lot of people think the score is a fluke, but the stuff this guard is doing is incredible when you take into account the pace of the show and athleticism/stamina needed 

I am not sure why Phantoms guard is getting that back lash either. They are performing  beautifully well...

I expect cavies guard to finish in the top 3. Same as their percussion. They are doing incredible things.

17.10 in brass isn't bad.  It's only a point behind Crown at 18.10.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I was watching the flo stream with quite a number of people, most of them tend to be from the Reddit crowd. But there was definitely some love for the Phantomettes during their performance. And at least 50% of it was not based on their outfits but how well they were performing. I think the score is indicative of achieving a book during a show where many groups had bad runs. Wouldn't be surprised if the guard finishes the season ahead of the corps' final placement.

And definitely happy that CCG is getting rewarded for their achievements. 3rd in Houston TOC and winning the SW Reguonal. Probably the first major victory since the Zingali in 2007. Hope the drums continue to get the love and steal a top 3 drums by finals night.

I still have a feeling that the current ending isn't the final final ending. Giving the boys some time to solidify their placements in visual and strengthen their music caption scores. Doing this could get them closer to Bluecoats if the Bluecoats really already have their final closer in. But I'm thinking a solid 5th in the end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, littlejaw said:

I was watching the flo stream with quite a number of people, most of them tend to be from the Reddit crowd. But there was definitely some love for the Phantomettes during their performance. And at least 50% of it was not based on their outfits but how well they were performing. I think the score is indicative of achieving a book during a show where many groups had bad runs. Wouldn't be surprised if the guard finishes the season ahead of the corps' final placement.

And definitely happy that CCG is getting rewarded for their achievements. 3rd in Houston TOC and winning the SW Reguonal. Probably the first major victory since the Zingali in 2007. Hope the drums continue to get the love and steal a top 3 drums by finals night.

I still have a feeling that the current ending isn't the final final ending. Giving the boys some time to solidify their placements in visual and strengthen their music caption scores. Doing this could get them closer to Bluecoats if the Bluecoats really already have their final closer in. But I'm thinking a solid 5th in the end.

5th is not bad! It is a sign of consistency and that is what this corps needs.

• Like 1

Man, I love love loved this show both times I saw it.  Guard was HOT on Saturday.  So incredibly entertaining, the crowd LOVED it in San Antonio and Broken Arrow as well.  It's so exciting to see them doing so well, and I don't think they're gonna slow down.  Easily one of my favorites of the year.  

• Like 2